Thursday, March 16, 2006

Religious Intolerance... Among Christians?

The amazingly insightful SkyePuppy left a link that explores the attitudes among mainstream Christians concerning the Mormon faith. Evidently the post is written by a Mormon who is amazed that anyone would hold Mitt Romney's religious beliefs against him.

I personally am leery of criticizing or belittling anyone who claims to be a follower of Jesus. I don't think that's my job here. In fact, when you get beyond merely stating what you believe (and why) and go so far as to judge others, or maybe... call their religion a cult?... I think you put on the pharisee's robes. And I think that is very dangerous.

A person's religion can be a reason not to vote for someone. I wouldn't vote for a Muslim. But if Mitt Romney convinces me that he will lead and govern in a way that I approve, I'll have no problem voting for the man.

Anyway, here is the link to the post:
http://hedgehogcentral.blogspot.com/2006/03/mitt-romney-update.html

No comments: