Monday, March 27, 2006

Armistice Day

Often in the heat of battle, things are said and actions are taken that are so removed from the gentler nature that we nurture in calmer times. Looking back on what many are simply referring to as The Two Days in March , I wonder that reasoning souls could allow events to deteriorate and cascade to such depths of pain and degredation.

In my defense I will say that it was only with much introspection and hand wringing that I called Christina cat trash. So conflicted was I, that I repeatedly throughout the day checked the internet and my email for her reaction... or perhaps a more threatening reaction from her brutish husband.

Though our emotions and disagreements run deep, perhaps the whole world can pray that the Two-Day Cat Conflict of 2006 has forged a new understanding between peoples and pets of every race, species, and creed... that even with wounds yet healing, we might struggle up from the morass that so recently consumed us... and beat our swords into leashes and our spears into litter boxes... and study blogwar no more.

....

5 comments:

janice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
janice said...

Fantastic post Chris, I'm still chuckling. I've fowarded it to my "cat" loving and dog owning friends alike. You may have a new admirers. I think this surpasses your monthly bachelor tips as the most hysterical thing you've written. Bravo sir, bravo!

Christina said...

Well said, Chris. I think it is quite obvious that we must agree to disagree on this most trivial of subjects. Being a reasonable, peace-loving individual, I recognize the opportunity to resolve our difference amicably. I deeply regret that I was attacked and forced to retaliate. Perhaps I hit a bit below the belt, but "cat trash" is pretty strong rhetoric, my friend, and called for swift and decisive action. I accept your olive branch, with no lingering hard feelings, as I am not a grudge-bearing woman.

I therefore hereby declare the "Two-Day Cat Conflict of 2006" resolved.

(I cannot, however, speak for my brutish husband. Some wounds run too deep.)

Malott said...

Thanks Janice, and as you know I am definitely a fan of yours.

And Christina...
Comparing me to a liberal was pretty hurtful, but the pain is easing. You are a formidable adversary.

I'm just glad you are a conservative, and on our side.

Now if I can just manage to avoid the leg-breaker you live with!

Anonymous said...

Oh Christina I think you made a giant leap thinking Chris was attacking you in the original cat post. You're also assuming he's appologizing here. It's clear to me he was not attacking you and there for need not appologize. You madame, are the one who needs to extend the olive branch for your blog-tirade.