Saturday, November 01, 2008

Buy Guns

Americans have cut back on buying cars, furniture and clothes in a tough economy, but there's one consumer item that's still enjoying healthy sales: guns. Purchases of firearms and ammunition have risen 8 to 10 percent this year, according to state and federal data.

Several variables drive sales, but many dealers, buyers and experts attribute the increase in part to concerns about the economy and fears that if Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois wins the presidency, he will join with fellow Democrats in Congress to enact new gun controls.

I asked a farmer friend of mine what he will do when Obama sends the ATF to his home to ask him to register his firearms. His response, "What firearms?"

My reply, "Good answer... Good man!"

The founding fathers experienced tyranny firsthand. They knew our citizens needed to be armed... In case they might need to take their country back... From threats outside... And from threats within.

Buy guns. If you have to sign your name, write "Mickey Mouse." It works for voter registration.

....

5 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Hmmm... Not a bad idea.

Jacob said...

You mean to tell me that guns purchased in the US don't have to be registered already? That's insane.

I know sometimes in my comments here I act sarcastic and I take the piss quite a lot at your expense, but that can't possibly be right.

PS. Obama was right. Guns and religion.

SkyePuppy said...

Jacob,

The most common way of having unregistered guns is most likely when a registered gun owner dies. His family inherits the guns the same way they inherit the antique furniture. Unregistered. It happens.

Christina said...

Yes Jacob,

Some of us are clinging to our religion and our guns...and proud of it.

Not proud because we are "backwoods hicks" or rednecks or uneducated. Rather, I choose to cling to my faith in God and my Constitutional right to bear arms precisely because I am educated.

I would much rather stand firm in something and have the means to protect myself if threatened than go along with the crowd and be caught unaware and unprotected when my rights are suddenly under attack.

How is that stupid or naive or wrong?

Tsofah said...

btw, Jacob, yes, when you purchase a handgun it has to be registered. Guns for hunting, etc., are different than handguns.