Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

It's traditional at this time of the year to take a few moments and list a few things for which we are thankful.

I am thankful that I get to experience the further decay of my body, as my lonely and solitary existence is now pressed against the landscape of another cruel Indiana winter. I am thankful for the illusion of friendships and the loss of hearing that quiets the laughter behind my back. I am thankful for what's left of my retirement savings and that my acne is now limited to my buttocks. I am thankful for ibuprofen and that the odd discoloration on my lower lip is probably just a cold sore.

Happy Thanksgiving.

....

9 comments:

janice said...

Amen Chris, amen...

Grammy said...

Always the pollyanna. Enjoy a good, heavy meal tomorrow...and the ensuing indigestion! It's all good.

Bekah said...

I can honestly say that is the most creative Thanksgiving list I've ever seen. :) Nicely done. And happy Thanksgiving!

SkyePuppy said...

I'm thankful for delusional blogger buddies who manage to cheer me while I sip my tea and read.

Christina said...

What a way with words, dear UC.

I like Grammy's description of you. Maybe that's what we'll teach Emily to call you from now on.

Will we see you tomorrow at the festivities?

Malott said...

Thanks guys,

Some men see the glass half full... I see the crusty bit of dried food on the rim.

I guess it's just the almost perfect life I've led that sets me above so many others... Though I'm never bitter about my unappreciated spiritual prowess and unrealized Sainthood.

Tsofah said...

Hey Malott? I think the name "St Christopher" is already taken! ;-D

However, I, too am thankful for all the blogging buddies I have. And the smile many of your blog postings bring to my face and my heart!

Hubby says your postings cause him to smile sometimes but he would never say any man brings a smile to HIS heart! ;-P

Malott said...

Tsofah,

I am thankful for you and your Blog... And your comments on mine. I am thankful for your forgiveness when I am course, crude, and insensitive. I am thankful for all "completed Jews" such as yourself.

May G_d keep you, and "Hubby."

Tsofah said...

Malott:

You? Coarse, crude, and insensitive?

NAAWWWWW! Just full of jokularity and chutzpah!

Thanks for allowing me to make suggestions.

As my hubby says, you're just a guy like all red-blooded American patriotic G-d loving gun totin' deer hunter at heart guys.

Somewhere in there I think there must be a C & W song... :-/ ???

;-D