Tuesday, November 04, 2008

That 9/11 Feeling

I will vote today. I will pray today. But looking at the polls on the Drudge Report makes me feel kind of like I did on that sunny September morning when the world changed for the worse. I watched the towers burn and fall that day... Today I will vote, but I will not watch the destruction.

Of the votes I'm sure of in the small department in which I work, McCain leads Obama 14 to 1. But we are a well-educated, hard working group. The one Obama vote is a Christian young man who comes from a "Union" family. He can't help it.

My regrets about this election: The choice of McCain. The poorly run campaign. The belittling of a very good and accomplished Christian woman.

My TV will be off tonight. I will awake assuming the worst.

OK... Sure... Hope springs eternal.


Well... It springs until tomorrow morning.

....

7 comments:

janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janice said...

The unscientific poll of my
co-workers were McCain 4 Obama 0.

I pray that McCain can pull it out today in spite of himself.

Malott said...

Janice,

I'm praying that, too.

But I figure that if America chooses Obama, America deserves Obama.

The red flags have been out there for everyone to see.

SkyePuppy said...

Chris,

The red flags have been out there for everyone who wanted to see. For those who didn't and those who don't bother looking, the red flags were painted green by the media.

Bekah said...

Since I'm allergic to a silent TV, I think I'll have to resort to movies or QVC.

I'm glad the voting is done. It took forever - and I hear that has only gotten worse throughout the day.

Malott said...

Bekah,

Talked to your dad after voting. Can't believe he drove all the way back from Missouri to vote.

A patriot, to be sure!

Bekah said...

He told me he talked to you. This entire trip they took was planned around being back for this specific event. Bless his heart.

Hey I have a picture I need to post for you. I'll try to get to that this evening.