Friday, November 07, 2008

A Comment from Grammy

I discovered this comment from "Grammy" buried down a few posts... And I wanted to post it here because it represents my feelings very well:


I love George W. Bush. He's spent way too much of my money, and I wish he hadn't done that, so he's not perfect, but I love the man. I cannot imagine the burden of information and responsibility that he has awakened to every day since 9/11. I suspect that he has been privy to much national security information that would vindicate many of his unpopular decisions. We would all probably be horrified if we woke up to a national security briefing every day and knew what he knows about threats against America. It is not an accident that we haven't experienced another attack like 9/11. I have never heard him either defend himself or launch derisive attacks against those who ridicule him. He is always stoically silent, and it's probably cost him a lot of popularity. George Bush has personal discipline, integrity and courage and that's why I love George W. Bush. I wish I could be around to see how history treats him.
--Grammy

Well said.

4 comments:

Tsofah said...

Oh, Grammy, I just want to HUG you!!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Grammy,

Like you I disagreed with President Bush on many subjects, but he understood and lived the dignity of his office. And he kept us safe.

I hope historians treat him well.

Christina said...

I very much agree, Grammy.

Yes, he made some mistakes, but I do believe that history will find him to be a very good president. I hope that he lives long enough to be vindicated.

It is also very true that President Bush has kept us safe during very troubled times, and in doing so, has upheld the duties of the office of the presidency with great honor and dignity, unlike his (currently) much-loved predecessor, to whom history will not be so kind.

Excellent points.

Bekah said...

That is very well said. When I saw him earlier this year at Cassie's graduation, I admit that I sat there wondering just how impossibly stressful his job was. Something like an afternoon "off" to hang out at a high school graduation was probably a rest for him. To think about the things he doesn't - and CAN'T defend himself for...that brings a whole new level of respect.