Friday, August 29, 2008

Always ahead of the others, prescient, prophetic, clairvoyant,... Some might say brilliant... Malott's Blog was talking-up Palin in early April. And now there is talk she may be McCain's VP choice.

Governor Sarah Palin - Rising Republican Star

Sarah Heath Palin (née Sarah Louise Heath, born February 11, 1964 in Sandpoint, Idaho) is the current Governor of Alaska.
Palin's husband, Todd, works on the North Slope and is a commercial fisherman. She also has four children: Bristol, Piper, Track, and Willow. They live in Wasilla, about 40 miles north of Anchorage.

Palin has been an athlete and a beauty queen. She was the point guard for the Wasilla High School Warriors when they won the state small school basketball championship in 1982.
In 1984, Palin competed in the Miss Alaska contest after being chosen Miss Wasilla that year. In the Wasilla contest, she played the flute and also won the title of Miss Congeniality.
Details of Palin's personal life have contributed to her political image. She eats moose burgers and rides snowmachines. She admits that, when marijuana was legal in the state, she used it; however, she didn't like it.

Palin is strongly pro-life and belongs to Feminists for Life. She opposes same-sex marriage, but has gay friends and has otherwise been receptive to gay and lesbian concerns about discrimination. While the previous administration did not implement same-sex benefits, Palin followed an Alaska Supreme Court order and signed them into law.


In July 2007, Palin was heralded in the media as being the most popular governor in the United States, with an approval rating often in the 90s. An August 2007 poll had her approval rating at 84%, with 5% disapproving.

And, she is the prettiest governor I've ever seen.
In this last picture she reminds me very much of John McCain's wife. She has been mentioned as a VP possibilty.

12 comments:

Tsofah said...

What is the population of Alaska per capita? I don't think it'd be hard to be a most popular governor there.

She isn't like any Republican I've ever seen. More like a Democrat in Republican's clothing.

Malott, I'm worried for you, as you need to be around better women for you to admire.

Smile?

Malott said...

Tsofah,

I've never heard the lady speak, and I only know what I've read.

Maybe you know something about her that I don't? Is there something in particular that you don't like about her?

Tsofah said...

Malott:

How many Republican governors do you know of(male or female) that:

"She eats moose burgers and rides snowmachines. She admits that, when marijuana was legal in the state, she used it; however, she didn't like it."

(Clinton used it, but at least he didn't inhale? chuckle)

"Palin is strongly pro-life and belongs to Feminists for Life. She opposes same-sex marriage, but has gay friends and has otherwise been receptive to gay and lesbian concerns about discrimination. While the previous administration did not implement same-sex benefits, Palin followed an Alaska Supreme Court order and signed them into law."

I don't think you can be a Republican and have gay friends. (tongue-in-cheek).

Seriously, since she listens to gay and lesbian concerns regarding discrimination, will she listen to those who are straight regarding reverse discrimination?

Kinda wonder....

But, you know, if she'll eat moose....unless it's chocolate...I dunno! (smile)

janice said...

You forgot to mention the latest edition to the Palin family, I believe his name is Trig. He has downs syndrome. And they knew that before he was born this spring.

She would make a great VP.

janice said...

And she wants to drill for oil!

Tsofah said...

Malott:

I truly hope she not the VP candidate for McCain. It will probably give the presidency to Obama for sure.

Sorry. Many conservatives that would have voted for Romney will not vote for her.

And I hope it is NOT Lieberman.

What do I know? sigh

Malott said...

Janice,

I hear she is a Christian and a reformer.

Tsofah,

It's the Dems that are prejudiced... She may appeal to many. I hope you give her a chance!

SkyePuppy said...

Hot Dog! I didn't think McCain had it in him to make a wise choice.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

So far , so good.

Also,

Andrew and Christina want you to take up World of Warcraft so that the 4 of us can go killing and maiming together. I told them that I didn't think it likely.

Tsofah said...

Malott:

Say what? Poor Skyepuppy!

Hey, I've several concerns about Palin...(listed them on my blog)...not sure why ya'll think she's such a good choice. Her actions kinda go against the "Christian, conservative" type thing Romney would have brought.

Sure, she had a child with Down's Syndrome. I made the decision to have my son which I knew would have problems, I just didn't know it would be autism. But if I push for pro-benefits, civil unions for gays, that does not bode well for me as a "Christian conservative" on a platform.

One of the biggies I don't like about Obama is his inexperience.

There's just several things that give me pause. One of them being that she would likely be stepping in McCain's shoes before his term is up. (Don't laugh...). Therefore, she's under more scrutiny from myself and others I know as a PRESIDENT, not just a VP.

Mojo_Risin said...

She used marijuana when it was legal in the state? When was that, actually? Because it's still legal in Alaska, and has been since 1975. So she could have used it yesterday, in defiance of Federal law.

lynn's daughter said...

Oh, and she's PURTY. That makes it all worth while...