Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Gutsy Prediction for December

And now, a regular feature here on Malott's Blog - The Monthly Gutsy Prediction - where I go way out on a limb and make a truly amazing and courageous prediction, putting my blog's hard earned credibility and spotless reputation on the line - leaving my readers mystified and just a little bit overcome with admiration.

So here we go.

I predict that in the struggle between the Israelis and their Muslim neighbors - the next barbaric and murderous act committed - the next futile and senseless act of cruelty - the next murdering of innocents - will be perpetrated by- wait for it... the Muslims.

Call me crazy, but I live in a universe governed by cause and effect. And in the world of the Middle East, the cause is always a suicide bomber or a rocket launched from Lebanon... And the effect is always Israel retaliating - with amazing restraint.

The "cause and effect" concept affords even the simplest mind an avenue to escape pain. I drink champagne - I get a headache... What to do?

We attack Israel - we get our butts kicked... How can we avoid this painful outcome?

At some point you figure it out, unless you're a hate-filled nut... Or a member in good standing - of the United Nations.

4 comments:

All_I_Can_Stands said...

malott,

how can you take such a risk with only 100% of the odds in your favor?

While weighing whether they love their children more than they hate Israel, they have another thing to weigh. Each time they attack Israel and get their butts kicked, the rest of the world gets mad at Israel. They must weigh if that ill-will is worth getting their butts kicked.

Malott said...

AICS,

When dying with blood on your hands is the ultimate career goal, maybe getting your butt kicked is enough in itself.

But I'm sure the propaganda value and world opinion is valued.

All_I_Can_Stands said...

hey, did you switch to the new Blogger version? I saw beta in your comments link for the last few days. If so, how do you like it? I need a good word or two before I take the plunge.

Malott said...

AICS,

I think I switched... because publishing is instantaneous now. The spell check is better, too.

I suggest you switch at a low traffic time - early in the morning maybe. Just follow their instructions...

Signing in takes longer because your email is your user name in the Google account... hopefully sometime I'll figure out a way to change that... 19 keystrokes is just way to much typing.