Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ball State University

If you can't make it at a real college... then try Ball State.

I always thought it was embarrassing enough that a school of Ball State's "stature" was located in my state and was actually allowed to hand out diplomas. Now I find out that this deservedly little known teacher's college is a den not only of left wing radicals, but stupid ones. Then again, why would Ball State attract smart people of any stripe?

Conservative activist David Horowitz got a 50-foot "not welcome" sign, 15 cheese pizzas and nearly a cream pie in the face before speaking at Ball State University about political agendas of professors Wednesday night.
Two women were arrested by university police near the Teachers College in connection with the pie-throwing incident, but the identity of the pizza pranksters remains a mystery.
http://www.bsudailynews.com/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&uStory_id=523d0401-a0e1-4eb9-920c-5b63bc75a8af

What clever students, these. I guess the short-sheeting of Horowitz's bed wasn't deemed newsworthy.

This is the Left at its most transparent. Don't attempt debate. Don't submit a different opinion. Else the Ideological Fascists of the Tolerant Left will trump you with their sophisticated response... A pie in the face.

The article I read featured the mug shots of the two girls who were arrested. To me, their pictures seemed to scream out, "Hold me!" No doubt too few hugs from Daddy.

I may take it upon myself to pen a few words of advice to these young felons. I might suggest that the right man might straighten out their lives and give them meaning and purpose. One day they might look me up and thank me.

6 comments:

Christina said...

Yet another lovely display of tolerance, open-mindedness and acceptance courtesy of the liberal left.

What a disgrace for higher education.

By the way, you've had some great posts lately...I've just been too busy to comment. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

malott,

All the universities in Indiana have their areas that they are noted for. For example, Purdue is known for its engineering. Ball State is well known for its Teacher's College. Since you feel that if you can't make it at a real college...then try Ball State, that you also believe if you can't do anything else...teach? So, in your estimation everyone with a teaching degree is stupid? You do realize that somewhere along the line that your teachers had to graduate from some college and I would venture that at least one had attended BSU. Are you going to judge all that are associated with BSU because of "two" stupid girls? I don't think that's fair either. Just because the said college is a den of left wing radicals(stupid as you say)does not mean that everyone involved with BSU is of the same political thinking. Could you realistically make the general statement that everyone where you work is of the same political thinking, oh let's say as you? By the way, we are controlled by the news media as to what or what they don't say or print. I will agree that they have too much power to decide what is newsworthy and what is not. Never blogged before but this just felt like a "pie in the face" and the urge to respond probably overcame my better judgement.

Christina,

Yes, what a disgrace for higher education. Unfortunately, this time it happened at BSU. If we look into our past hasn't political differences happened at other higher institutions?

Anonymous said...

Kids are stupid.

Kids throw pies.

Is this anything new?

Christina said...

Sweepergirl,

Yes, this has happened at other universtities. I am not picking on BSU. I will point out, however, that "political differences" and displays such as the pie-throwing tend to happen more often at left-leaning institutions of higher education. This is not simply a product of media distortion, as you suggest.

I would also note that I am certain that Mr. Malott is not suggesting that teachers are among those who "cannot". I happen to know that he has the utmost respect for those who do their best to educate students with intellectual integrity.

Anonymous said...

christina,

I was not trying to imply that this was media distortion. I wasn't making light of what happened. I was making reference to where it was said that the short sheeting of Horowitz's bed wasn't newsworthy. I was just trying to point out that what we deem as newsworthy isn't always what others deem as newsworthy.

Malott said...

Sweepergirl,

It's nice of you to visit.

If you are a Ball State Grad or student, I'm sorry if my post was offensive. Sometimes I get carried away. In fact I have a close friend - a very smart close friend - who got a pretty good education at Ball State in spite of the Leftist Faculty.

And I made up the short-sheeting remark as kind of a joke, inasmuch as short-sheeting someone's bed is as adolescent as throwing a pie.

I hope you'll visit again.