Wednesday, May 03, 2006

United 93 Number 1

I saw on Drudge that U-93 had jumped to first place on Monday. I've been wondering about its effect on the politically unconscious. Does this movie represent to them just another disaster flick, or does it effectively suggest to them the ongoing threat of radical Islam?

I'd love to see a movie with a fictional plot that really drives the point home... Something just a little preachy... Void of political correctness... Full of heroes... Navy Seals meets Pearl harbor with a little James Bond mixed in. (Where is John Wayne when you need him?) The theaters kept America focused in '42 and they could do wonders today.

Bruce Willis could produce and direct it, and it would make money.

I know... I know... Hollywood. But the Passion of the Christ somehow got made. And I know a well-made patriotic movie would kill at the box office.

Well I can dream.

1 comment:

janice said...

Today's Hollywood couldn't hold a candle to those of the
30's & 40's. When Erol Flynn, James Stewart and others ran from the silver screen to the front lines to defend this country.
They'll continue to feed us the same PC drivle until the theaters are empty. Maybe then they'll get the message. I'm not holding my breath.