Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bachelor Tip for May

Yes, I've decided that as a public service I will give one tip to young bachelors each month. (Who better than I?) After all I've been on my own for a long long time and I've learned the ropes, mostly through trial and error. So here is my tip for May.

Rotate your Underwear

It's economically sound to rotate your underwear... Take from the top... Replace from the bottom... because underwear should age equally, wear out at the same time, and be replaced all at once. By the time your underwear is frayed or irreparably stained... and you know what I mean!... you can and should replace the entire lot.

But Chris, what is the most efficient way to accomplish this?

It's really simple you know... If you fold and stack your underwear!Shown here is an easy way to fold socks, briefs, boxer briefs, and boxers. (click to enlarge)
Shown here is an efficient way to arrange your underwear drawer. (click to enlarge) Simply take socks from the bottom left and take underwear from the top of the stack. Soon you'll be taking such pride in your underwear drawer that you'll want to show it off to your friends. But resist this idea. Only a jerk places his underwear drawer on public display, except for educational purposes, of course.

But Chris, should I wear briefs, boxers, or boxer briefs?

You need all three. Boxers and boxer briefs are closest to what nature intended so wear them to work, to luncheons, and to the store. Wear briefs when you jog or work around farm machinery.

Well that's it for May. Come back next month for the much anticipated "How to Get Women!"

5 comments:

janice said...

Thanks Chris for this timely installment. I've forwarded this to my son, as he prefers the "stack on dresser" method and I see the same 5 pair in the wash. I know he has 14 packs of new underwear from Chrismas' past in there, I'm just not brave enough to venture into the void.

Malott said...

No, thank you Janice. As you might surmise, I'm rapidly running out of tips. Nothing in April, and now this.

Christina said...

Wow, there are just some things I really didn't need to know.

I'm anxiously anticipating June's Bachelor Tip, though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris, now my mother will expect me to maintain this stringent set of guide lines once the folded laundry enters the "void".
Some of those packages of unopened briefs are 3 sizes to small at this point, any tips on how to get rid of them?

SkyePuppy said...

Chris, son of Janice,

You can always donate them to charity for a whopping tax deduction. Don't forget that the Clintons, when they were in office, donated the mister's used underwear to charity and wrote off $2 per pair. Just think of the deduction you could get for brand new ones!