Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Why I Won't Criticize Ann Coulter


When Ms. Coulter is on TV or when she writes... Anything... I tune in. With an incredible wit, she says what I'm thinking as she performs iconoclastic surgery of the Left's most sacred of its sacred cows. And taking itself very seriously, the Left has a very large herd.

The Left has many of its own so called "bomb-throwers" but somehow Ann is the remarkable one... The one that needs to be reigned-in and scolded... And the criticism comes from both the Right and Left.

But not from me.

Ann is funny. Ann is "hip." Ann is cool, clever, and biting. Ann is effective. And the liberal pop culture along with the mainstream media will lie cheat and steal to discredit her.

Let's focus on a "dirty little lie" that the Edwards campaign told about Ann when they edited a quote out of context from an interview.


The clip from the ABC interview posted by the campaign has Coulter declaring, "If I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

Missing, however, is the fact that Coulter's wry remark played off of her reference to a provocative comment made by HBO host Bill Maher about Vice President Cheney.


Coulter told "Good Morning America's" Chris Cuomo: "But about the same time, Bill Maher was not joking in saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack. So I've learned my lesson, if I’m gonna saying anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

This is not an isolated incident. The less than honest NBC Nightly Leftist News recently edited a lie about Pat Buchanan:

NBC Nightly News, on June 24, tried to smear amnesty opponents by quoting Pat Buchanan out of context...


Nightly News quotes Pat Buchanan: “Many of them are child molesters or drunk drivers, they’re rapists, they’re robbers, they’ve got a variety of crimes but they commit a felony by being here.”

(NBC’s John) Yang leaves the misleading impression that Buchanan had been generalizing about all illegal immigrants during a discussion on MSNBC’s Meet the Press. But the segment Yang omitted shows Buchanan was referring only to illegal immigrants who are also convicted felons: “And you go after, in deportation, the 600,000 who’ve been ordered deported who are now criminal felons who have stayed in this country. Many of them are child molesters or drunk drivers, they’re rapists, they’re robbers, they’ve got a variety of crimes but they commit a felony by being here.”

The fact that Yang is still employed demonstrates that NBC is not burdened with a penchant for integrity and honesty... Once important character components in a news organization.

From the 1960's to the present, Conservatives have been fair game for misrepresentation, hyperbole, comedic ridicule, and lies. As demonstrated above, the Left has abandoned even the pretense of honesty by resorting to cheap editing tricks to discredit political ideals they can't out-argue or out-reason.

There is a place in our society for Rush Limbaugh, Dennis Miller, and yes... Ann Coulter. Conservatives should show a little backbone and stand up for Ann and her right to speak out... As she lends a little acerbic balance to the political equation.

24 comments:

Mojo_Risin said...

I love Ann Coulter. Even though she looks like a bad transvestite, I think she's just perfect...

...for me to poop on!

janice said...

I love Ann (not the way mojo does),

I love the fact that she drives liberals crazy and the can't trap her.
She's everything they hate, a witty conservative who tells it like it is!

Mojo_Risin said...

Janice,
She certainly is everything I hate. She wants everybody who doesn't agree with her to be outlawed, and she spreads evil thoughts wherever she goes -- damned right I hate her!

AND she does drive me crazy. I just can't understand how someone like her can influence so many of my fellow Americans. People like her make me fear for the soul of the country. And I can't understand how someone like her can be so influential over so many Christians, when she stands for everything the people who crucified Jesus did. I don't know why you like her, Janice, when you come across as a very nice, compassionate person.

Here is a collection of some of her worst opinions about women. Look over the rest of the page to see more.

Malott said...

Thanks Moj!

I just added your link to my favorites tab.

And... My favorites:

"Perhaps we could put aside our national, ongoing, post-9/11 Muslim butt-kissing contest and get on with the business at hand: Bombing Syria back to the stone age and then permanently disarming Iran."

and...

"Muslims are the only people who make feminists seem laid-back."

and...

"If Gore had been elected president, right now he would just be finding that last lesbian quadriplegic for the Special Forces team."

There is no one like Coulter.

Mojo_Risin said...

Malott is exhibit #1

Tsofah said...

Malott:

It's amazing how many conservatives have been misquoted (majorly) by liberals. First Fred Thompson, now Ann Coulter.

HOWEVER, Ann is quite abrasive, which makes it harder to like her sometimes. Then again, there is Maureen Dowd: soft spoken so when she tears a chunk out of your arm, you hardly notice at first. She's raise the methods of liberals to a new art form!

Mojo_Risin said...

Delta,
Was Coulter misquoted in the examples Malott gave? If so, how? I don't think it's possible. Nobody can be THAT misquoted. And if so, Malott has already admitted that he accepts what she said.

She's not hated for her abrasiveness... she's hated for her self.

janice said...

I find absolutely nothing wrong with what was quoted, or anything Ann says.

In fact, she says what I'm thinking on most issues especially this war on terror and radical muslims. The fact that she doesn't have the "I'm not talking about all muslims" disclaimer before she comments on islamic terror shouldn't disqualify her from being on the right side of the issue.


Her anti-PC attitude is a breath of fresh air. Sorry, maybe I'm in the abrasive category as well, at least I'll be in good company.

Mojo_Risin said...

Janice,
You don't find anything wrong with saying we need to annihilate an entire country? What about the innocents within its borders? What about the Christians who are there?

Even the children?

It's not about being non-PC. We could all do with a little more of that. But there's a difference between anti-PC and just plain hatemongering.

janice said...

I'm sorry mojo, I believe we should bomb Syria back to the stone age before they murder us or as you say "annihilate" OUR entire country. Which, given the opportunity, they would.
All you have to do is listen to them.
Yes, sadly, the children are being taught to hate and being taught how to murder us.

So, yes I stand with Ann.

Mojo_Risin said...

Well, I guess the misquoting isn't an issue with Janice, either.

Enjoy the cult!

SkyePuppy said...

Mojo,

I've been out of internet contact for the last couple days, so I'm late to the conversation.

How would you deal with Syria and Iran to get them to stop their terror-supporting and/or terror-instigating ways?

janice said...

mojo, I'm a Christian and as so I do not believe in any of the islamic tenets, I believe they're evil. And I won't apologize for that.

I'll enjoy my "cult" while you enjoy the "kool-aid" mojo. It seems you've been going back to "bucket" many times.

Mojo_Risin said...

Janice,
Apparently, you don't believe in any of your Christian tenets, either.

janice said...

Of course I believe in my Christian tenets. The islamic tenets have nothing to do with Christianity.

The God of the Bible is NOT the God of islam. The two religions have nothing to do with one another. islam is based on deeds and you cannot have a personal relationship with allah.

Tsofah said...

I like Ann.

The context of what she says is mis-quoted.

Mojo, if you don't like the posts here, why do you keep coming back?

I notice you don't argue with the posts on my blog anymore. Perhaps because they are full of first hand truth?

To be honest, I don't know what would get a positive comment out of you. I seems others on here just share what they see as truth (and I agree with most of what they say). Sorry that bothers you.

Mojo_Risin said...

Delta,
As far as I know, I've never commented on your blogs. I don't even know who you are. And if you want to see some positive comments by me, I've agreed sometimes with All I Can Stands over at the Logic Lifeline blog.

I also "share what I see as truth." My truth just seems to tend to be less dark than those here.

And you can't convince me Coulter was THAT misquoted.

Malott said...

Mojo...

There is a big difference between saying, "If I'm gonna say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

and saying...

"But about the same time, Bill Maher was not joking in saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack. So I've learned my lesson, if I’m gonna..."

Coulter was comparing what she had said about Edwards to what Maher had said about Cheney... To leave that out is an editing trick to make Coulter look bad.

Got it?

Tsofah said...

Sorry, mojo, I was mistaken. It was someone with a name similar to yours who had rudely posted on my blog before. My bad. And I am sorry.

Tsofah said...

Thanks, Malott!

Mojo_Risin said...

You know, I wrote a long comment (for me, that's an oxymoron, I know) earlier today, and it didn't show up.

Screw it. I'll just boil it down to this... I don't care about what Bill Maher does -- he's just as much of a publicity whore as Coulter -- but his comments weren't quite as clear-cut as you're making them out to be (that magic editing tool pops up again). And I don't believe Coulter was really stating something just to make a comparison. Her comment was not as innocent as you've made it out to be.

janice said...

mojo, I watched the entire clip of her quote and it was that clear-cut.
Her comparision /statement is as Malott wrote.

You're the one who keeps taking her quote out of context, the magic of WANTING to edit what you hear/see.

janice said...

mojo, can you explain this statement to me;
"And I can't understand how someone like her can be so influential over so many Christians, when she stands for everything the people who crucified Jesus did."

janice said...

Oh, I forgot my favorite Ann quote. It was September 13th 2001. She said;

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity"

Of course she was speaking about the 9/11 attackers. I love that quote!