Friday, July 27, 2007

Lohan

A man was asked if he thought a drunk staggering down the street was a funny sight.

He answered, "Not if it's my son."

You can't turn on the TV or read the news without hearing about Lindsay Lohan. I watched Rob Schneider, dressed as Lindsay, make fun of the girl's troubles as the Tonight Show audience laughed uncontrollably. Then I heard a clip of Barbara Walters chastising the Tonight Show for Schneider's performance. And I heard Katie Couric talk compassion - calling Lohan's problem an illness.

Liberal morality... Morality that is based upon nothing but preferences and perhaps a few deeply ingrained Sunday School experiences from childhood... is the lone voice of compassion we hear in reference to this situation.

Ironically, it is Liberal Morality that created the situation in which Miss Lohan finds herself.

Once upon a time it was only the tabloids that used people's afflictions to make money. Evidently the mainstream media has learned to give the public what it wants.

But sometimes it is a kindness to give a tragedy its privacy.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

I wish the media would give up on this one for sure. The Lohan/Hilton/Spears bandwagon has made me give up even on entertainment news. And other than what I learn from you, Skyepuppy, and Christina, that was the only news I had! But enough was enough. Not even watching an hour of Ryan Seacrest was worth the ridiculousness that was the content.

Now I just stick to reruns of CSI.

Jacob said...

The liberal media made Lindsay Lohan take drugs, get drunk, and get arrested for driving around stoned. Right.