Friday, September 25, 2009

Quote(s) of the Day

"... in that Qaddafi speech, I mean that guy covered every topic... 9/11, swine flu, Yugoslavia, jet lag, health care... how he wants 'Our son Barack Obama'... by the way, for the 'Birthers' I don't think that's a literal thing, so don't go hunting up the Libyan birth certificate... How he wants 'our son Barack Obama' to be America's president for life... and why not... It's worked out great for Libya and North Korea."
--Mark Steyn

"By the way, Colonel Qaddafi will be doing all five Sunday morning shows, so they should wrap up around Thursday..."
--Mark Steyn

"The problem with the United Nations is that if you take a half a pint of Vanilla Ice Cream and mix it with half a pint of dog doo doo, the result will taste more like the latter than the former... and that is the problem with the UN... When you mix free societies with totalitarian basket-case dictatorships, the result naturally inclines more to the dictator's view of things than to free peoples' view of things."
--Mark Steyn

....

3 comments:

Tsofah said...

I think I like this Steyn guy! A great sense of humor and makes his point too.

That said, I also appreciate the heads up about the Sunday morning talk shows. Yet another reason I think I'm going to just start watching Fox all the time.

SkyePuppy said...

I first heard Mark Steyn on Hugh Hewitt's radio show many years ago, and there was something he said one time that was so wonderfully funny and profound at the same time, that I decided I wanted to marry the guy. The following week, he mentioned he was married and had small kids. Darn!

Even without the matrimonial prospects, though, he's still my favorite columnist/radio talk-show analyst.

Christina said...

I enjoy when Mark Steyn guest-hosts for Rush. He seems to "get it" better than some.

My favorite quote is the ice cream/dog doo one. It sums things up quite nicely.