Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Brother, My Sister(s), My Self

My Cousin, Jo Ellen (Shelley) Benbow posted the above picture on her facebook page. It's about 52 years old.
____
In a dictionary, the word "unassuming" would best be explained and illustrated with a picture of my cousin, Jo. She is the type of person that everybody likes.
____
Below is a picture of Jo Ellen, Jody, Jo Jelly Shelley.


Jo was our little sister who wasn't really our little sister. She was the quietest of us... and in many ways, I think... the best of us.

This picture better represents my immediate family.

9 comments:

Grammy said...

Oh, the cowboy boots and bow tie! How cute is this??????

Bekah said...

awww those are good pictures!! :) And yay for adopting in sisters!! I love that!

janice said...

How cute!

I love old photos.

Malott said...

Thanks guys.

And Grammy, that was my Wyatt Earp outfit.

SkyePuppy said...

You certainly looked happy in those cowboy boots. Were you also brave, courageous, and bold?

Malott said...

SP,

Brave, courageous, and bold?
Oh yes, yes I was... And still am!

I was very fast on the draw. I have it on DVD.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris, all I can say is how much I miss you guys and the times we shared. Even though we have grown apart due to the "business" of our lives, we will always be family and I know my adopted brothers and sister are not far away! (I still haven't ruled out posting the "bath tub" picture........)

Love ya, JoEllen Jelly Benbow

Tsofah said...

Cute kids! Now, in the group photos, who is who is what is HUH?

Oh...cowboy boots and bow tie. Thanks, Grammy, now I know which one is Mr. Malott! ;-D

Christina said...

I'm assuming JoEllen is the baby?

Nice duds, by the way. Very ruggedly handsome at such a young age.