Thursday, July 30, 2009

It Pays to Whine on your Blog

As you know from a previous post, I've been sick all week... And today I was finally able to stay home from work and recuperate a bit. Mostly I've just been sitting, but when I went out to my mailbox I perked up quickly.

There was a box inside that contained chocolate covered fudge, green tea, chicken soup, some sort of sweet bread, and a very nice get well card. Because of privacy concerns, I will not mention the name of the person (It was Bekah) that sent me these thoughtful gifts.



The anonymous nice person (Bekah) and I have a sick-bed pact, which is obviously already working out great for me, in spite of Skyepuppy's meddling. I'm already planning severe headaches for next month, and influenza in the fall.

Kind and thoughtful people are rare... and are good friends to have.

....

8 comments:

Bekah said...

LOL - well hopefully it makes you feel much better! Let it never be said I didn't keep my end of the pact. ;)

As for the planning ahead of illnesses, I am used to such things as I know several people who do that on a regular basis. Just give me enough warning that I can have appropriate remedies on hand! :)

Malott said...

Bekah-Bek,

I was so inspired by your kindness, that I immediately Googled driving directions to your home so I could be ready to respond to your next infirmity.

When I feel better, I'll go to the drug store and stock up on the analgesic of your choice, Vicks Vapo-Rub, and of course... an assortment of sponges... Because caring for you would be my pleasure.

Tsofah said...

Malott - I suggest you leave the sponges at home, for the "wrath" of Skyepuppy may be detrimental to your - uh, er - wellbeing that none of Bekah's care packages can help. (BIG SMILE)

Yep, Bekah is a good friend. She is full of surprises and goodness, indeed!

Bekah - I'm watching my mailbox, as you said! It's still there, hasn't moved one iota. (chuckle)

Malott said...

Tsofah,

While it is true that I fear Skyepuppy and her rapier wit, the germane issue is that Bekah knows my parents, my sister, and the rest of my family... And so my carnal nature would necessarily be discouraged, and I would be compelled to be on my best behavior.

I highly recommend her sweet bread. I doubt that it will survive the night.

SkyePuppy said...

Bekah,

I greatly admire your integrity. But I must caution you to renew your contact with your potential protectors in Chris's family.

Trust but verify any reported sniffles or maladies of his with those who would know, so you're assured that he's not making stuff up just to get more of your sweet bread.
(shakes finger at Chris)

Bekah said...

Oh you guys are cracking me up!! I am not the least bit worried as I've only ever known him to be quite a gentleman. You know...the last time I saw him...9 years ago. Or however long ago it was. LOL. Oh and Chris, just to warn you, I normally get sick mid-September. After the students descend upon my office space with all their germs.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

Oh the pleasure you take in crushing the spirit of a Godly and reasonably harmless old man...

You should get B to mail you some of her sweet bread... It is choice.


Bekah,

You experienced my character when my parents were present... I am more dangerous when I am one-on-one and roused up! Unless I need a nap...

Tsofah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.