Sunday, April 13, 2008

Too Casual for Church?


Well it was that time of year again... Church directory photo Sunday. Yuck.


I can't tell you how much I despise having my picture pasted alongside all those happy families in the church directory... All those husbands and wives... In stark contrast to the loser single guy sitting there all alone for the camera.


But not this year! This year a single friend and I decided to have our picture taken together for the directory... So we wouldn't stand out. We'll have different last names, of course. It seemed like a great idea until afterwards when I worried that people in the church might think that she and I were living together. I mean, we're not even dating.


Knowing them, they'll probably be more upset about what we're wearing... She and I dress very casually for church. Usually, and especially on photo Sunday, the men wear dress shirts and ties and the women wear dresses.


I don't know, some people think wearing your "Sunday Best" shows respect for "Him" who the service is all about. But I think that falls under the category of "preference" and that people should wear what they want. I mean, if we can't be tolerant on this point...?


Anyway, I hope nobody gets upset that we had our picture taken together, and I hope our casual dress didn't offend any one. We meant no disrespect.


The photo turned out pretty good and I posted it below.



____

____

____

____



9 comments:

janice said...

Nice Chris,

I also love the pose. Was that the photographer or your idea?

Malott said...

Janice,

The photographer told me to place my hand on her hip. He no doubt was an Episcopalian.

I refused.

Bekah said...

I think you should remain just friends. She appears a little clingy.

Malott said...

Bekah,

And not only that... She is obviously into leather... Which I find very intimidating.

SkyePuppy said...

You might want to work on those love handles around your loincloth.

Great hair, though!

Christina said...

You know, I would think the fabric on those church pews would be rather scratchy on your nubile young friend's exposed posterior.

Maybe you could use your dagger to cut just a bit more leather for her.

Just a thought, otherwise, it's a lovely picture that will be enjoyed for years to come.

Tsofah said...

Chris:

Would you please send me a copy, autographed 8x10 glossy preferred?

Malott said...

Tsofah,

Can you believe this picture was floated as an advertisement back in the 1930's? Our great-grandmothers surely had a cow!

Tsofah said...

Or, our grandmothers stood in line to get a copy of "Tarzan"'s photo. Um hm, just because they were older doesn't mean they didn't admire!

Oh, wait, yeah. There's a scantily clothed female in that pic, isn't there. Well, she's a SINNER, you know...

(grinning tongue in cheek)