Monday, April 07, 2008

Prodigal Republican

Haven't written much lately because I've been in a far country wasting my substance in riotous living. But then I came back home and Dad threw me a party...

(No wait... That wasn't me!)

Anyway, I was warming up to John McCain until last Friday when I saw that a conservative group had taken out a full-page ad in a newspaper warning McCain that he'd better not pick Mitt Romney as his running mate.

The group probably supported Mike Huckabee earlier this year... You remember Huckabee... The cute little populist and ego maniacal-Mormon-hater whose lip prints are indelibly etched upon John McCain's rear end.

Not a pretty picture.

My hiney, or derriere as we say in Greentown, is only 54 years old, but has lost much of its charm and glory... Sagging a bit more with the years... Suffering periodically with a little acne. But imagine McCain's aged, 71 year-old poop deck! Something to think about? This student of politics thinks so.

Anyway, if the former Huckabee supporters will stop expressing their call for unity by ripping Romney... I still may come around by November.

4 comments:

janice said...

Very descriptive Chris, I may not be able to get the visual images out of my mind for a while, thanks.

Malott said...

Janice,

Glad I could help.

SkyePuppy said...

When I was 20 (and married by then), I was talking to a guy at work who was telling me about the computer operator in his mid- to late 20's. The operator apparently had bragged that he'd had all the women worth having (which, of course, means he hadn't had all the women yet). He was the sort who believed that he was God's gift to women, or rather that women were God's gift to him.

I looked at the guy who was telling me this and said, "But why?" My expression was not unlike that of the "Stink Eye" girl in the movie, Juno. When the guy looked surprised, I explained, "He has a droopy butt."

Not too long later the same guy came by and told me I was right about the operator's butt. It drooped.

Some guys' butts start the drooping early, so be grateful for the time you had pre-droop.

Bekah said...

I liked this post. it made me laugh. you never cease to amaze me with new and unexpected thoughts. :)