Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Letter from John...

Yesterday I received a letter from my friend, John McCain.

Back in 2004 I sent $100 to the George Bush Campaign... And George and the Republican Party were so moved, that they've kept in touch ever since.

The letter from John was a sincere effort to gauge my feelings on several issues, a questionnaire with multiple choices... Proving beyond doubt - that in the hands of Conservatives, John is but putty, and lives to please us.

On most questions I could not find the best answer among the choices, so I had to scribble in "Illegal Aliens," "United Nations," "Global Warming Hoax..." Stuff like that.

On the last page I was perplexed to find a request for funds. Could this be the real reason for this correspondence? My choices were $25, $50, $100, $200, and "Other." I chose the latter and wrote a very large "zero" in red ink. Underneath I wrote, "Up Yours, You Insufferable RINO."

As I placed the postage-paid envelope into the mail... Did I feel buoyant, cleansed, and refreshed?

Oh yes. Yes I did.

7 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

"It's the simple things in life you treasure..."
--Tech Sergeant Chen

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

Postage-paid envelopes are the best. To thumb your nose at people... And on their nickle!

I'd write more, but I have some stuff I need to mail back to AARP.

SkyePuppy said...

The Republican National Committee keeps promising me that they've sent me their final letter. I don't hold my breath, because they aren't people of their word.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

I've received their final letter about three times.

"Final" should be made of sterner stuff.

Tsofah said...

Hey, I guess they don't like me - because although I'm a registered Republican, they don't sent me nothin'! I don't know what I did, but whatever it was...it worked!

Malott said...

Tsofah,

Send them a little money... And you will never be lonely.

Jacob said...

I think that's very cute, actually.