Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dumping Dan


My long-time conservative congressman Dan Burton has a Republican challenger this year in the primaries. As far as I know, the challenger is a good man who would represent Conservatives well in Washington.

As far as I know.

But we've seen so many men go to Washington and change. They talk like Hoosiers and Conservatives when they campaign, but all of a sudden in Washington they fall under the spell of the liberal media or Hollywood elites and they forget their promises.

My point is: Dan Burton has not.

In Washington he talks and votes the same way as he does on the campaign trail. He's been my Congressman for many years and he is yet to be "turned" by Washington.

Shall we reward him by turning him out? Shall we dump him because another attractive candidate - an unproven candidate - wants his job?

For me, this decision is a no-brainer. It's easy. Dan Burton has been loyal to us. We should be loyal to Dan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your post today on Dan Burton. My sentiments as well. Despite a few warts (and Dan's opponent won't let us ignore them) Burton has always been a dependable vote.

As for the McGoff guy... I'm a resident of Marion county and know the guy. He's nice, but he's no conservative hero.

Christina said...

Should we dump Dan? No!

Will we? Well, we've done dumber things.....

Have we learned our lesson yet? Probably not.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just a Bible-clinging, believe-in-right-to-carry-a-gun, "typical" white person.

SkyePuppy said...

Christina,

You forgot, "bitter."

If your Congressman represents you well, keep him! I'm suspicious of same-party opponents who try to knock out the incumbent. They usually only run because they think there's something wrong with him. Which means they'll be different. Which means, if the one you've got is good, then the new guy won't be. Stick to your guns!!!

ChuckL said...

Informative. Thanks!

-Chuck-