Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Exclusive!
Malott Interviews God!

Malott: I've never interviewed anyone before in my life... Talk about starting at the top!

G_d: And I'm thrilled beyond words to contribute to such a clever and influential blog.

M: ... ... ... You're making fun of me a little now, aren't you?

G: Maybe a little. Did you expect me to be nicer? You know, what's good for you isn't always nice.

M: Uh... I've made up a list of questions. First of all... Heaven: Mountain chalet or beachfront bungalow?

G: Heaven will be full of surprises. Remember, you'll be coming from a world that is sorely limited by three dimensions and time. You've noticed that I'm not wearing a wrist watch? Time is peculiar to this created universe.

M: OK ... ... ... Are you right-handed or left-handed?

G: Ambidextrous. The vastness of my created universe is mere symbolism, in a sense. You can lie in your hammock at night, look up into the heavens and sense the hidden reality... You can look up and see the mirror image of your eternal soul. I've even placed stars to light your way. If you knew me, your temporary world would seemingly lack substance when compared to my more concrete, eternal realities...

M: You mentioned surprises. Is this... like Christmas?

G: Surprises and revelations. You'll learn about the incredible power in a child's prayer, and how the simplest faith melts my heart... How all the grand plans, schemes, and devices of the religious are helpless without the movement of my Spirit. And most of all you'll finally comprehend the magnificence of my Sacrifice... My Sacrifice that singularly transformed the Church into... My beautiful bride.

M: Sounds way cool. But will we eat?

G: Yes ... ... ... You will. And you'll see how every prayer, every frightened and modest witness, every act of kindness, charity, done in my name - all blend together like the notes of a symphony, moving hearts and changing lives.

M: Mm Hmm ... ... ... Aardvarks! What happened?!

G: As an American believer, and among the rich of the world, you'll learn why it is easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye - than it is for you to enter Heaven. So proud and independent... So much wasted time spent gazing into the faces of your idols... It begs the very limits of the patience!

M: Jesus!

G: Yes?

M: I mean... But we're not necessarily doomed, right?

G: Your sins pale next to the greatness and glory of my Sacrifice... which saves you.

M: And we'll learn all this... like... through telepathy...?

G: And you'll learn a great deal about yourself... What might have been had you been more focused on me than yourself.... Why your life is what it is.

M: Ah, my wonderful life... Why I'm alone and childless? I'm not complaining, but I think I would have loved being married.

G: You would have loved it too much. For instance, can you tell me one time when you were "in love" that you weren't transformed into a distracted, lustful, blithering buffoon?

M: ... ... ... Uh, I can edit this... Right?

G: And when did you ever love me that much? Just once I'd like to hear you tell me that I am enough for you... And really mean it. But then, you've spent your whole life searching for things to love more than me. You've wandered through life feeding upon every passing illusion... All the while starving - for me. You made me a distant caretaker... I wanted a love affair.

M: ... ... ... Riiiiight... Let's move on to politics. Can you tell me who will win the presidency this fall?

G: Yes, I can.

M: ... ... ... Can you... elaborate?

G: It will be the person I've picked to further my purposes and my plan.

M: Do you think of yourself as an American?

G: ... ... ... No... Your country serves its purpose, much as Rome did. Please understand, your country has moved to marginalize me... When in truth, your country's efforts have marginalized - your country. At some point you'll appreciate the cost of doing so.

M: Well there are those of us in the American Church who are really concerned about certain political issues...

G: Have you prayed about them?

M: Of course I've prayed!

G: (smiles)

M: Well I have prayed.

G: No, you've faithfully fretted and wrung your hands.

M: ... ... ... Well! Why should I pray when I can worry?! Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha!

G: Something else you'll never fully appreciate until you're in Heaven... The utter impertinence of worry. Its dissonance in my ear will startle you.

M: Hmm ... ... ... Well! ... I've take up enough of your time! You have a universe to run!

G: It's alright... You wouldn't believe how well I multi-task.

M: Oh! I'd believe it!

G: No... You wouldn't...

M: Yes... Well... Thank you so much for your time. I can't thank you enough! ... ... ... And you know, I ... ... ... ... Uh... ... ... You know...

G: Yes?

M: ... ... ... You really are enough for me... It's just that I... I...

G: I know...

Disclaimer: The above is fiction and is intended IN NO WAY - to add to - or take away - from scripture.

15 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

What a scoop! Very well done.

I think I would have loved being married.

I speak from both sides of that one. Being on your own is much better than being in a bad marriage. Loneliness as a single person doesn't have as much pain as loneliness within a marriage.

Getting married just for the sake of being married is a mistake, which you managed to avoid and I didn't. Good thing I'll be able to comprehend someday the magnificence of His Sacrifice for me.

Thank you for this.

Jacob said...

You need to get laid.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

You make a great point about "loneliness within a marriage." I really am thankful that I've avoided that kind of lonliness and hurt.

Being single can be lonely, but it's amazing how "complete" your life can be if your relationship with the Lord is as it should be.

Do you ever listen to Nancy Leigh DeMoss? I know it's a broadcast primarily for women, but I download the podcast every day. She is a great example for Christian singles... So full of joy.

Malott said...

Jacob,

One of your "atheist" comments would have been more appropriate... But I decided to leave your comment - Because it reminds those of us who care about you - To pray for you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Mojo_Risin said...

Quote-unquote-atheist?

Malott said...

Mojo,

I'm pretty sure Jacob is an atheist... Either that, or he has been "messing with me" for a long time now.

janice said...

I agree with Skye, but I also feel Chris would make a wonderful father.

Thank you for the reminder of His love for ALL of us. That was great Chris!

Mojo_Risin said...

Oh, I'm sure he is, but I mean, why the quote marks?

Tsofah said...

Chris:

I love this...linking to it from my site so others may enjoy!

SkyePuppy said...

I didn't know Nancy Leigh DeMoss had a program. I saw her at a Chosen Women conference many years ago and she was wonderful. So I bought some of her tapes and they were excellent.

So (putting my technological ignorance on display), do you need to have an iPod to listen to a podcast, or can you listen on the computer?

Malott said...

Skyepuppet,

Go here:

http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/today.php

Run your cursor over listen, and then click windows media or real audio... Whatever your computer has.

paw said...

A couple questions if you don't mind.

The idea behind dropping the "o" in God is driven by what? I've seen that from a number of people 'round these parts. I don't get that (unless you're blogging in vain?).

Is there an undercurrent of "church as bride/God or Christ as romantic lover" thing in here? I'm reading it that way. I don't get that either, though I've seen that around, too.

Malott said...

Paw,

I dropped the "o" out of respect for my blogger friend, Delta (Tsopha)... It's a Jewish thing, and I hope she will return to better answer your question.

The Church being the "Bride of Christ" is well established... The chaste "romance" might be better explained by Skyepuppy.

I'm pathetically a "work in progress", but as I walk through my day, I sometimes close my left hand and imagine His hand in mine.

I hope that helps.

Tsofah said...

Malott:

Uh, thanks...I think. :-)

Paw:

I cannot answer for everyone else on why they may omit the "o"; but I type "G-d" that way out of respect. It's so easy to just say "G-d" without thinking of Who you are addressing; or the fact that you ARE addressing Someone.

In addition, G-d never has told mankind His "name". He stated "I Am That I Am" when Moses asked. Many of my Jewish friends simply refer to Him as "Ha Shem", or "The Name".

Many use "Jehovah". The consonants are more us than G-d. The letters for JHVH are actually representative of whole words to describe Who G-d is. BUT...that's a subject that would take a lot of time and space. ;-)

At any rate, hope this helps!

SkyePuppy said...

PAW, mon cher,

The undercurrent of the church as bride/God or Christ as romantic lover appears throughout Scripture. It's in the Song of Solomon, a picture of the love God has for His people. It's in Jeremiah, where God divorced the northern tribes of Israel for their adultery. It's in Hosea, where Hosea lives the part of God and Gomer, his wife, is the faithless people of God. And it's in Revelation, where Christ comes for His bride.

Our hearts are to be as devoted to our God as a bride's is to her husband. And our Husband will provide for us, care for us, and lavish His endless love upon us in countless ways.

I hope that helps.