Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bottled Water

I read an interesting post about bottled water and the environment over at Skyepuppy's Blog. I commented there... And since I seem to have precious little to say lately... I thought I'd post my comment here.

File it under medical advice to consider:

In Indiana, some... maybe most... wells are tainted with herbicide and other agricultural run-off. I figure the farmers think, "If 30 gallons per acre is good, 100 must be great!"

Anyway, there is a high cancer rate around here, and the first thing patients are told is, "stop drinking well water."

I have a well, so I buy gallon jugs of "mountain spring water" from Sam's club to make my coffee and tea. I even use it to cook water absorbing foods like spaghetti, and also when I'm boiling beef or chicken for soup.

I'm not a "nut" about it. At work I drink water from the tap as well as when I eat out.

Now there may be a guy in New Jersey filling up these gallon jugs from his kitchen tap... But we do what we can.

2 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Ooh, it's déjà vu all over again!

Tsofah said...

CHUCKLE!!!!

Thanks Skyepuppy!