Saturday, January 06, 2007

When Bloggers Taunt


Christmas is a time of "good will towards men." But cat lovers - like other minions of Satan - often prefer to use it in an unholy and cruel way.


Cat lover Christina, of The Right Perspective, and her brutish husband gave me a desk calendar for Christmas which contains daily demonic and frightening pictures of cats of all breeds and levels of feline degradation. Are the images shocking? Oh yes. Yes they are. I just hope I can sleep tonight.





Last March, during what has come to be known as The Great Cat Conflict of 2006, it was I who played the role of peacemaker when I wrote:

Though our emotions and disagreements run deep, perhaps the whole world can pray that the Two-Day Cat Conflict of 2006 has forged a new understanding between peoples and pets of every race, species, and creed... that even with wounds yet healing, we might struggle up from the morass that so recently consumed us... and beat our swords into leashes and our spears into litter boxes... and study blogwar no more.

But, though I once again I find myself the victim of callous Christina and her boorish oaf of a husband, I will not sink to their level and call them snivelling cat trash, though I would be totally justified (and accurate) in doing so. I simply refuse to do it.


So with true Christmas Spirit - and clean hands - I again take the higher road.

God bless us, every one.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

You go, Christina!!! What a great idea!!

But not all cats are so...scary looking. Maybe next year, Christina and I (and other angels of mercy) can create a new calendar that will restore (or instill) your faith in felines. Because some of them are pretty stinking cute!!!

Christina said...

The "high road" eh? May I please present exhibit A: a post from November 16, 2006 entitled "A Roadkill Moment".

For those who don't care to look back at such gruesome and despicable posts here at Malott's Blog, allow me to summarize. There's a picture of a dead possum on the side of the road. Then the words: "It's dead now. Too bad it wasn't a cat."

You've been begging for it. Sweet dreams, Malott!