Sunday, January 07, 2007

Joltin' Joe Biden (pause to yawn) Announces

On Sunday Sen. Joe Biden [smiling under his hair plugs] told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he will seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008.

“I am running for president,” he told “Meet the Press” anchor Tim Russert. “I’m going to be Joe Biden, and I’m going to try to be the best Biden I can be. If I can, I got a shot. If I can’t, I lose.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11442718/

What? The best Biden? What does that mean? Not that it ultimately matters, but what does it mean?

If a huge ego, a desperate need for attention, and long-windedness were prerequisites for political success, Biden could be King.

The guy hasn't a chance - and I think he knows it. But I believe national politicians are sometimes quite willing to use other people's money to get some attention and feel like a big shot for a while. Go for it, Joe.

2 comments:

G Money said...

I agree, Biden doesn't have a chance. That's the problem with the Democrats, they can't get a couple good candidates to run and have the others step aside.

My God, if Kerry decides to run, I think my head will explode.

Evan Bayh had the right idea -- he realized that it's going to be a two or three horse race, so he pulled out. As a Democract, I've had enough of people like Biden and Kerry.

I know, I know -- you've had enough of them too.

SkyePuppy said...

Now if we can only get Kucinich to throw his hat in the ring again, this will start getting fun.