Sunday, January 28, 2007

Peter Pan and Me

Well I go back to work tomorrow after celebrating my birth week by spending way too much money. I did pick up a few desperately needed essentials - levis 505's, tennis shoes, 80 gigabyte iPod.

iPod, therefore I am.

My one good deed - I took my dad to the eye doctor on Wednesday, where I watched the 5th episode of "24" ...on my iPod. Am I cool? Oh yes. Yes I am.

But on Thursday it happened. I was at Sam's, innocently browsing their software section, and looking up - it caught my eye. It was just a little box... so harmless... and it was only $18.00. My hand reached out... and it was mine.

Less than an hour later I was loading "World of Warcraft" on my computer. I don't remember much after that. All I know is, my character - ElamKree - is at level 11 now, and knows no fear. He is everything I never was... Big, Brave, and reasonably Violent.

What if I start wearing a tunic, tights, and a cape when I play the game? Would it be so wrong? ElamKree would understand.

But how am I going to explain all this to my imaginary girlfriend?

6 comments:

Christina said...

And suddenly I know why my dear husband is the way he is...

It's all become so much clearer now!

Oh and yes, you're officially cool if you have an iPod....of course, that might have just been negated by the computer game purchase and thoughts of wearing a cape and tights.

By the way, we haven't watched any of the "24" episodes. What do you think about them?

Malott said...

I understand the "24" season tells the story of one day - 24 hours. So far it has been very exciting - I paid 2 bucks to download to I tunes the episode I missed.

I like it politically because it suggests that there are Muslim cells in this country that mean us harm and could do great damage. (Imagine!?!) So far you've missed Jack being released from a Chinese prison just in time to be involved in a nuclear attack in southern California w/ mushroom cloud.

Maybe you should watch or tape it on Monday.

If you like Vince Flynn - he has advised the writers of the show.

Bekah said...

I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday week than spending money!! And an ipod!! If it weren't Sunday (the day I try to be extra reverent), I might have to covet just a little bit. :)

One day I would like to watch a season of 24 just to see...but for now I'm working on Northern Exposure. I think I'm a few years behind.

SkyePuppy said...

I mentioned your game purchase to my daughter, and she was horrified. All the people she knows who have that game hardly ever come up for air. She already decided NOT to get that game, because she needs to study for her classes, and she'd like to get some sleep.

If you stop blogging, we may not understand, but at least we'll know why...

Malott said...

Bekah,

In my defense, I've subscribed to 4 different sermons and Bible lessons (podcasts) that download automatically onto my computer and then to my iPod. Great stuff to listen to on my daily walks.

For World of Warcraft - I have no defense.

Skyepuppy,

Worse yet, I have infected my nephew. Christina is now a World of Warcraft widow.

janice said...

So, Flynn has advised the writers of 24? I've read everything Vince has written. I love Mitch Rapp, he's a real American hero.

Don't watch 24. We were thinking of renting the first couple seasons and catching up just to see what all the fuss is about.

Now that you claim Flynn has advised and endorsed it I must find a Blockbuster down in Obetz so I can be ready for next season.

As far as the computer game goes, I'm with Skye. This game will suck the (social) life right out of you. Please make us (your humble readers) a promise. Don't start buying houses, cars and girlfriends on eBay for ElamKree. That could be destructive.