Saturday, January 30, 2010



Come Out... Be Separate


Abby Johnson quit her job. That simple act has become a national news story because Johnson, 29, was the director of a Planned Parenthood clinic in Texas who said she experienced a "change of heart" while participating in an abortion procedure.

She is unclear why, as the director of the clinic, she was asked to be in the procedure room on that day, because it was not a normal part of her duties.

"I had never seen an abortion happen on an ultrasound," she said. "My job during the procedure was to hold the probe on the woman's abdomen. I could see the whole profile of the baby 13 weeks head to foot. I could see the whole side profile. I could see the probe. I could see the baby try to move away from the probe."

"I just thought, 'What am I doing?'" she said. "And then I thought, 'Never again.'"

"I looked out the window and saw a couple of women praying and I thought, 'That's where I need to go,'" Johnson said.

She walked down the street and into the welcoming arms of the Coalition for Life.

It may be time for many of us to ask, "What am I doing?... Why am I associated with this ugly thing in this sinful culture..." And walk away.

....

No comments: