Saturday, July 19, 2008

Super Tomatoes
The old man in the picture... The one desperately trying to hold his stomach in... is 5'9" tall... And just ran 2.5 miles. The tomato plant next to him is 5'9" tall and to the best of my knowledge has remained stationary all morning. It is an Amish-Brandywine Heirloom Variety... (Whatever that means.)

I've never before had a tomato plant outgrow me.

I'm obviously a super-gardener... Who can run 2.5 miles without throwing up, by the way... At least I haven't thrown up yet.... Though the day is young.
Because I am the very essence of humility, I hesitate to draw the obvious comparison...
But the likeness is uncanny.

6 comments:

Bekah said...

I could not do any of the above accomplishments, so I am impressed by them all.

I CAN tell you who can't run 2.5 miles without throwing up...actually can't even walk through the main aisle in Wal-Mart without throwing up: the shopper just ahead of me last night. Well not "just ahead of me." I missed the event, but "cleanup on aisle three" had not yet arrived when I showed up with my cart. It was precious.

So I'd say you're doing very, very well.

And yes....the similarities in your comparison are striking.

janice said...

I'm very impressed with the size of your....... plant.

It's obvious I need to post photos of my sugar snap peas......

Malott said...

Bekah,

I never vomit at Wal Mart. It's one of the guidelines I choose to live by.

So was this glop in the aisle a puddle, or was it like projectile vomiting sloshed all over the Misses and Petites, or what?

And the running... I should be up to 4 or 5 miles by he end of the summer, at which time I will inevitably injure myself and have to quit. I've been through this before.

Malott said...

Janice,

Here's one blogger that would love to see your peas.

SkyePuppy said...

Super-Gardener,

You will not want to see my agapanthus plants, which I planted last summer to decorate the front of the house while it was for sale. They did not receive enough water and are even now parched and fighting for their very lives.

Wonder-Gardener-Woman I am not these days.

Bekah said...

Thankfully it was not projectile. It was a puddle not quite covered by the "wet floor" orange cone someone had tossed over it. Still...given that the air conditioning was not so much working at the time...it made for an icky shopping experience.

I'll leave all the running to you. I'm a walker girl myself. (as in...I walk. Not as in...I use one.)