Saturday, July 26, 2008

Malott Competes in Bun Run!!!!

The Frankfort, Indiana high school sports teams are known as the Frankfort Hot Dogs. (No, really.) And every year Frankfort has a Hot Dog Festival.


This morning I ran in the Hot Dog Festival "Bun Run" which is a 5 kilometer or approximately 3 mile run. I finished in the middle of the pack of 100 or so runners with a mediocre time of 27m 33s... And I think I was 4th in the my age division.


This is the T-shirt I got.


So now when the inevitable question is asked, I can proudly answer, "Yes, I've done the Bun."

6 comments:

paw said...

Go man go! Nine minute miles are totally respecatable.

SkyePuppy said...

Congratulations!

In my prime, the best I ever did was ten minute miles. You rock!

Bekah said...

I wouln't call that mediocre. GOOD JOB!

I was going to ask if, since camp meeting starts in Frankfort tomorrow, there was going to be a bun run of another type - but that probably isn't very nice. So I won't say it. :)

Not having participated in the bun run of today's variety or of any pending camp meeting variety, I just ran to Scooters for ice cream. It's a very nice little place. Definitely soothes the loss of the Comet Cone.

Christina said...

Very impressive! Even in high school, I ran the 12 minute mile in 13-some minutes. Could I have run faster? Maybe, but why?


My theory....the only time it is necessary to run is if a large dog is chasing you.

janice said...

Great job Chris, I agree with PAW, 9 minute miles are nothing to poo-poo about.

Tsofah said...

Run? At OUR age? Malott! I'm just WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY impressed!