Sunday, March 09, 2008


10,000 BC

I want to see this movie. For one thing, look how the women looked 12,000 years ago. Very nice. Did they smell as good as they looked? This movie-goer would like to think so.

Also, the movie uses "B.C." - Before Christ, instead of "B.C.E." - Before Common Era... And I like that. I think the entire Church should get out and support this movie for that very reason!
The use of B.C. simply has to irk the ACLU... And perpetrated by their friends in Hollywood? What a shocking lack of political correctness and support.

I also dislike the use of "C.E." - Common Era, instead of "A.D."... Which I grew up thinking stood for "After Death." It Actually stands for "Anno Domini"... Or "Anno Domini Nostri Lesu Christi," as we say in Greentown.

I think the entire Church should get out and support the use of "In the year of our Lord Jesus Christ 2008" when filling out various forms of every kind that require the date... Even if we have to write really, really small.

A Canadian site called Religious Tolerance dot Org says that "Christian" can always be substituted for "Common"... Yielding "Before Christian Era" and "Christian Era"... Which is just fine with me. However their site also has articles on Wiccans and Nudists, so I'm not sure we can take them seriously.

3 comments:

janice said...

I want to see the movie as well, it looks really interesting.

It's nice to see you're still bloggin', where have you been Chris? I missed you.....

Mojo_Risin said...

Too bad there never really was a 10,000BC, though, huh? At least not with an Earth in it.

SkyePuppy said...

Emmett of the Unblinking Eye, on Hugh Hewitt's show, said we should see how bad this movie is, then rent Apocalypto to see what a movie about that era is supposed to be like.

The women might even be very nice in Apocalypto too...