Thursday, March 20, 2008

Malott Leaves WMTT

Yes, I just wanted to officially announce that I have left the White Medical Technologists for Truth organization because I believe that any group that identifies itself with a race of people is by definition racist. Of course I left the National Association for the Advancement of White People years ago, though I found leaving the White Tigers later that year more painful. And just to be consistent, I haven't bought white bread since 1982. I will not purchase White Cloud Bathroom Tissue... Will not eat white fish... Will not drink white wine... Will not participate at Church in the singing of the hymn Whiter Than Snow.

And about my Church... While it's true that for the past twenty years I've sat through many sermons which stressed the importance of water baptism, I personally do not, nor have I ever believed that you must be baptized to be obedient to God. I believe you must be tattooed. Preferably with the name of an apostle. One of the big ones. Like Peter. Not Simon the Zealot or Thaddeus.

But anyway, I will not be a member of any organization with any white in it.

But The Association of Black Journalists, The House of Representatives' Black Caucus, The Black Nurses Association, The Association of Black Accountants, The National Black Police Association, The National Black Business Trade Association, The Association of Black Telecommunications Professionals, The Association of Black Cardiologists, The Association of Black Social Workers, The National Black Law Students Association, The Black Native American Association (I have no idea either)... They're all OK.

3 comments:

janice said...

OUTSTANDING!

SkyePuppy said...

You know, that last one might have something to do with the Blackfoot tribe in Northwest Montana--a typo that left the "foot" off the name.

Or not.

I admire your principled stand. I eat brown bread too.

Bekah said...

You have no idea what a perfect post that was to read after a discussion I'd had at work with someone literally 10 minutes before I read what you wrote. Definitely lifted some tension in the room!

But about the tattoo thing...I'm just not seeing Mr. F. going for that, regardless of how saintly the apostle....

Of course he lived through my decision to have my ears pierced (a story I'll have to post sometime because even THAT became a drama) so maybe he would surprise me.