Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hewitt on the Democrat Voter

From Hugh Hewitt's blog page:

My theory on this is that Republicans are serious adult citizens, Democrats and Independents are not. Republicans by and large take their citizenship seriously, inform themselves and vote accordingly. The rest of the population doesn’t even register to vote, or only vote when they are sufficiently ginned up, or when they are herded on busses to the polls. They base their opinions on chanted slogans or newspaper headlines, and take their responsibility to vote about as serious as all their other responsibilities as citizens.

Come November 7, I am confident (as is Karl Rove) that more serious adults will show up at the polls than Democrats. All our election experience tells us that 2006 will be a status quo election, a small number of seats gained in the House by the Democrats, and a small number of seats gained in the Senate by the Republicans. The ONLY evidence offered of this “Blue Wave” that will supposedly change the course of history are these aforementioned polls, which we KNOW are faulty and biased.
http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/

I wouldn't bet my left leg that Hewitt is right about the outcome of next month's election, but I love the way he characterizes the Democrat voter because - well - he agrees with me.

Have I written on this humble blog that Democrat voters are less informed and more focused on the fashionable and "pop" political culture? Oh yes... Yes I have.

But somehow it means more when someone with a smidgen of credibility says it.

3 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Don't sell yourself short. You have a smidgen of credibility.

Hugh has a big gob of it.

Malott said...

I dream of having big gobs, but when God was passing out gobs, the gob I got was not great.

Some men are brilliant - some men can grow carrots. It's God's plan.

All_I_Can_Stands said...

It is a cross to bear that we say things first on our blogs and great men and women come later and baske in the glory of what we said when they do.

I agree. Some men are brilliant, some ride 4 wheelers.