Thursday, October 19, 2006

Grisly Murder in N.O.

A suicide note in the pocket of a man who jumped off the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel late Tuesday led police to the grisly scene of his girlfriend’s murder, where they found her charred head in a pot on the stove, her legs and feet baked in the oven and the rest of her dismembered body in trash bag in the refrigerator, according to police and the couple’s landlord.
http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tpupdates/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_tpupdates/archives/2006_10_18.html#195997

Reads like a bedtime story, doesn't it? It makes me glad that we're spending billions of dollars so that New Orleans can survive - and people can live below sea level and provide a place where drunks can go and be serviced by prostitutes - and men can saute' their girlfriends.

Ladies, I guess the moral is: If you go to New Orleans and you meet a man there who tells you that you look good enough to eat...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did they mention if he looked like "Bobby D" and was named "Luis Cifer?" Was a gumshoe NY PI, who looked like Mickey Rourke, hot on his trail? And the woman, was she the daughter of a voodoo priestess?

Sounds like the movie Angel Heart to me.

Anonymous said...

Um, a tad inappropriate, but whatever.

Malott said...

Jacob, I try to be inappropriate at least once per week.

JT, I saw that movie... and I doubt that Dr Huckstible approved of it.

Anonymous said...

True Chris, but every time I hear about something "strange" in NO, that movie pops into my head.

Maybe I need to rent more appropriate DVD's....