Thursday, April 27, 2006

Neil Young Should... Pack It In And Buy A Pick-Up

Harvest was, in my opinion, one of the greatest albums of my youth. Young was political back then with his songs about the war and about discrimination in the South, among other things. He is now a walking anachronism, a relic of some long forgotten idea or lifestyle that just wasn't a realistic plan for living. But then I suppose Neil decided he would rather burn out than fade away, or maybe he is still searching for a heart of gold, and of course, getting old.

I'm done now.

Anyway, here is his new song which will be loved by all the anti-war, anti-Bush nuts out there.

"Lets Impeach the President" sung to the tune of I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts...

Let's impeach the president for lying
And leading our country into war
Abusing all the power that we gave him
And shipping all our money out the door
He's the man who hired all the criminals
The White House shadows who hide behind closed doors
And bend the facts to fit with their new stories

Of why we have to send our men to war

Let's impeach the president for spying
On citizens inside their own homes
Breaking every law in the country
By tapping our computers and telephones
What if Al Qaeda blew up the levees
Would New Orleans have been safer that way
Sheltered by our government's protection
Or was someone just not home that day?

Let's impeach the president
For hijacking our religion and using it to get elected
Dividing our country into colors
And still leaving black people neglected
Thank god he's racking down on steroids
Since he sold his old baseball team
There's lot of people looking at big trouble
But of course the president is clean
Thank God

I hope I don't hurt myself rushing out to buy this work of art.

Most Americans aren't interested in wasting the country's time on impeachment proceedings, so this silly song may actually help the President and Republicans in general, reminding the public just how far away from the road the Democrats have chosen to frolic.

And as for Neil Young, I'm not the first to say, "A southern man don't need him around, anyhow..."

2 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

I never did like Neil Young. I liked Crosby, Stills & Nash better without him. He must have been a guys' performer. (Based on the people I know--completely unscientific--men and women don't listen to music the same way, which is why heavy metal fans were mostly men and bubble-gum music fans were mostly women. Women tend to listen with emotion, and men tend to appreciate the skill. Just generalizing, of course.)

He's the man who hired all the criminals

Let's compare how many Clinton cronies served time with how many of Bush's served time.

If these lyrics are the best Young can manage now, I'd say "Stick a fork in him. He's done."

janice said...

I'm not a Young fan. When he says "our country" is he talking about Canada? I believe he's a canuck, right?
Anyway, the song seems incoherant and lacks direction. Then again
I am on the right.
If you look at it stanza by stanza Young lacks the facts for his assertions. Augh....
More proof you shouldn't pontificate and sing.