Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jesus is Imaginary

Penn and Teller have a more effective video trashing the Bible and Christianity, but it is too profane for my blog. This one is pretty tame... And lame.

Fact: Pretty much everyone I know has heard the Gospel. Many reject it. A few embrace it. A multitude are wasting their time sitting on the fence. It's always been that way.

Fact: I can say words to encourage Christians. I can be "salt and light" in this fallen world. But only the Holy Spirit can change a heart.

Fact: This world is held together by God, but his enemies are running it. In a phrase... The world is going to hell.

Fact: The enemies of God are spending an amazing amount of energy, mostly in the modern media, to make atheists. But that won't hamper the work of the Holy Spirit.

Fact: If you're hoping for a great revival in America, you're going to be disappointed. We are the rich of the world... It ain't happenin' here. The only revival we'll see will accompany persecution.

Fact: If you're distressed by all this, you probably love the world and are populating the aforementioned fence.

Fact: It's all good news, because this world isn't our home... This life isn't the party. So don't worry... Be happy.

10 comments:

ChuckL said...

Good reflections. Can I appropriate it (with proper acknowledgment of authorship)?

Malott said...

Chuck,

Help yourself.

janice said...

Nice "food-for-thought" Chris, thanks for reminding us this life here on earth is not our final home.

Delta R. Vines said...

I wish I could see the video! My blogger still will not allow me to see video's, no matter what I try. I'll see if I can find it on YouTube...???

ChuckL said...

Thanks!!!

Jacob said...

Eh, you're right, pretty lame. It doesn't say anything that people don't know already - even the majority of fundies know that summoning Jesus through prayer doesn't work.

The one video on Youtube that, for me, really shatters religion is this one by George Carlin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o&feature=related

Nothing really needs to be said for atheism after you've watched it, because if you're still clinging desperately to faith then, frankly, you won't ever let go.

Careful though - he says naughty words!

ChuckL said...

I'm sure that Mr. Carlin does use "naughty" words. That has been his claim to fame for decades.

Interestingly & paradoxically, Mr. Carlin is also perplexed why there is so much disrespect & vulgarity between people these days.

My goodness, I just wonder.

Gotta love moral relativists who have a hard time accepting the fruits of moral relativism.

ChuckL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChuckL said...

Actually, I have very little to say for or about atheism, other than it takes a lot of faith to believe it.

On the other hand, atheists seem to spend quite a bit of time talking about God (that is, the god they don't believe exists).

Grammy said...

This just all goes to show what the role of the Holy Spirit is. "The natural man does not accept what is taught by the Spirit of God." Praise God for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.