Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Community Organizers Drum Up Support

The Birmingham News: Obama volunteers hunt budget support in Birmingham, Alabama grassroots campaign...

Volunteers fanned out across the Birmingham area and Alabama Saturday to pump up enthusiasm for President Barack Obama's budget proposal in much the same way they did to win over voters during the presidential campaign.

"If we don't change these three things in the next 10 to 15 years, America is over as we know it," Chris DeHaven, told the group of volunteers before they went their separate ways.

"We're looking for supporters," said DeHaven of Hoover, one of the event's organizers. "We're not looking for a fight. That will come later, when we have an army."

An army?

This is the thinking of Obama devotees. They will use whatever means necessary to grab that which they see as rightfully theirs... That which they have not worked for... That which the producers have obtained unfairly...

But they will only destroy that... They will never possess that... Because that cannot be stolen, it can only be earned.

....

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Time to re-read Atlas Shrugged again...

Malott said...

Grammy dearest,

It's all I can do to watch the news. I'm reading Buckley's Blackford Oaks novels... But Rand is in the offing... Probably I'll read The Fountainhead first.

Remember when I bought "Shrugged" in hardback, and part of it was missing... And you had to lend me your paperback so I could read the missing parts? I don't have any nearby friends like you anymore... You are missed... You were a great treasure in my life.

God keep you.

You and Rick are in my prayers.

Malott said...

And Grammy,

I'm still running a couple miles every few days, but I miss the springs when we worked on our "tennis butts" together... A running butt pales beside a tennis butt... Never so high... Never so firm...

And I'm thankful for Rick's love for you and your rock of a Christian marriage... that allowed us to play.