Monday, January 14, 2008

The "L" Word

I have a confession to make.

Last night while the TV was on and I was distracted by my computer, a television show on Showtime crept into my evening and captured my attention... Totally.

The L Word is a television soap opera about Lesbians. It's well written and stars Jennifer Beals of Flashdance fame, and the deaf as a doornail, Mary Matlin... And others I didn't recognize. And Cybill Shepherd was guest starring last night.

The message is this: Sex between women is safe, stylish, fun, and normal... And if nothing comes of it you can always go back to men... No big deal. The characters are pretty, witty, and very clever... Very attractive personally... And the sex is portrayed tastefully with fulfilling outcomes, both emotionally and physically.

So let the lonely, friendless, and confused little girls begin their experimentation... After all, wouldn't it be wonderful to be like these women and have such wonderful friendships and accepting relationships? The United States Army should hire the writers, directors, and producers for their recruitment films and commercials.

The clever dialogue and the nudity will appeal to men... So it corrupts both the sexes. Interestingly, I saw none of those ugly, surgically-created things that trashy women think men like... Everyone was natural looking... both the nubile and the mature... I credit this to the feminist influence.

We are at war. The enemy is very good at what it does... And it spares not the weakest and the young.

And I have just two more months of the premium channels. Good.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

women get them cause men like them

Jacob said...

You had to know I'd have to leave a comment after reading this, right?

Okay - where to begin? I've watched the L Word a couple of times but it's certainly not something I steal office supplies to record and then feverishly watch later on at home (*cough*). But I do enjoy it, and I think you did too.

I guess my beef is with the insinuation that a show about lesbians can't be anything BUT a covert attempt to "corrupt" people. A show that seeks to depict lesbians as the producers believe lesbians are actually like - with healthy sex lives, positions in society, real issues, families; everything that's true for all people.

After all, Everybody Loves Raymond was a cunning plot by the Liberal Media *tm* to convert women into housewives. Right?

And the end bit, about being at war? I laugh at you. As would every intelligent person you're likely to come across with your hyperbolic, paranoid attitudes on full display.

If there's a war, you've declared it, are the one fighting it, and the rest of us, the ones who don't judge others for the kind of relationships they have as long as they are healthy and comfortable within themselves, will happily laugh at your lame, pathetic bleatings.

Also, 'lesbian' is not a pronoun, no need for capitalisation.

Malott said...

Anonymous,

I would suggest to you that most men do not find fake breasts attractive... Nor do they find attractive the "motivations" of the women who want them.

I would also suggest that the motivations of the so-called "men" who prefer them aren't very attractive either.

Thanks for your visit and your comments.

Mojo_Risin said...

Mal, I'm sure you were watching just for, ahem, educational purposes -- reconnaissance for the army of God. Didn't you do a post about that type of behavior a while back? Do you need some sort of rehab? An intervention?

And did you really close by saying it's good you only have 2 more months of the premium channels? What, like it's the premium channels' fault you were watching?

Malott said...

Jacob,

I would agree that the actors and staff of the show are simply trying to make a buck... And if they can "stick it" to the Christians... That's OK too.

The "war" involves spiritual principalities of darkness... Stuff you don't believe in.

Does this show have an intended or unintended proselytizing effect? I think it does.

Malott said...

Mojo...

Guilty as charged!

janice said...

I agree with Chris, the women I know who got "them" were very insecure to begin with. Their mates/husbands are total JERKS who are even MORE insecure.

I say, celebrate "a natural"!

Malott said...

Janice...

And small celebrations have a charm all their own.

janice said...

You said it Chris!

Unknown said...

I came over from Bekah's blog, and I just wanted to say that the one actress's name is Marlee Matlin and to refer to her as "deaf as a doornail" is rude.

It's hard to consider the rest of your post as legitimate, when you are referring to people in such a manner.

I don't disagree with your thoughts on the enemy being at work with regards to the show itself, but you lost me after you insulted a person with a legitimate disability.

SkyePuppy said...

The entertainment value of your blog just never ends. Sometimes it's your posts that entertain, and other times it's the comments. On special occasions, like this one, we get both.

:o)

Malott said...

Kristin,

I'm genuinely sorry that I offended you. I meant "the comment" more as a tool to identify the woman than as a slight... Although, I find much of Matlin's work to be offensive.

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

Thanks. The show was very disturbing, but mostly I just wanted an excuse to talk about breasts. Over the years I've developed a keen and probing interest in the subject... And my enthusiasm for research and thoughtful deliberation in these matters shall not be quelled.

Jacob said...

That answer? Didn't even come close to addressing my points.

Tsofah said...

Chris:


:-) :-D