Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mr. Malott


The entire staff at Malott's Blog would like to wish our venerable old leader the happiest of birthdays. He bought himself a new computer with a 22 inch "wide screen" monitor, and has been holed up in his office with the door locked ever since... But when we bring him his broth and crust of bread, he yells for us to "leave it" and leave him alone. Such is his mood on his birthdays. The next morning the bowl and plate are empty outside his door, so we know he is eating. We hope he is bathing.


We know that one day there will be no reply from his office... And we'll enter to find him sitting in the corner, mumbling cliches, and drooling on his shirt. But until then, Mr Malott... Vive valeque... As best you can.

7 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Happy birthday, Chris!

Not sure what "valeque" is. Can't find it in the French dictionary, but Vive it anyway!

Bekah said...

Well, Happy Birthday!!!! I can call and sing...but perhaps then you wouldn't even be able to enjoy the broth and crust of bread without feeling sick, and I wouldn't want that for you.

It's your very own personal holiday and should be celebrated to the hilt. Which may have been what you said that Skyepuppy and I can't translate. ;)

janice said...

Happy Birthday Chris, from one January baby to another!

I hope the "broth and crust of bread" continue for decades to come.

Oh and, nice gift. What did the staff get you?

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

I believe that is Latin for "live and be well"... But if it's not and I've made myself look foolish... Keep it to yourself... I'm very sensitive on my birthday!
:d)

Bekah,

On the contrary, old men can only dream of pretty little girls singing to them.

And Janice,

My staff got me nothing! ...Except the naked girl in the cake, of course... But I'm too old to remember why that's exciting.

Tsofah said...

Way COOL! Happy Birthday and have many more great ones! New computer and all! YEAH!

Tsofah said...

Btw, you are NOT old!

SkyePuppy said...

Oh, Latin. No wonder I couldn't find it in the French dictionary.

The only Latin I know is Veni, vidi, vici, which would be appropriate to your computer purchase.