Monday, June 25, 2007

In Nevada...

A statewide poll of presidential preferences conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research Inc. that was made available to the Review-Journal on Saturday shows hypothetical candidate Fred Thompson leading a tight Republican field.

The television star and former Tennessee senator had the support of 25 percent of the 400 likely Republican caucus goers in the poll, conducted Wednesday through Friday. He was followed by Mitt Romney, with 20 percent, and Rudy Giuliani, with 17 percent.

John McCain slid down to single digits in the poll, with just 8 percent. The poll carries a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

On the Democratic side, (Does anyone care?) Hillary Clinton continued to dominate, as she has in every early Nevada poll. The New York senator and former first lady had 39 percent of the 400 likely Democratic caucus goers surveyed, followed by Barack Obama with 17 percent and John Edwards with 12 percent.

Of course, this state has repeatedly elected Harry Reid... Enough said.

I like Thompson. His ability to communicate must scare the Dems half to death. But when the mud starts flying... And it will - from both Parties... We'll see what the man is really made of.

7 comments:

Jacob said...

B-grade actor becomed President... It's been done.

Jacob said...

Becomes, rather. Me speak english.

Mojo_Risin said...

Yeah, but Reagan was one of the best B-grade actors... ;-)

Mojo_Risin said...

And I guess Thompson's a good communicator, but I haven't really heard him say anything yet about his plans for any issues.

SkyePuppy said...

Mojo,

I've heard Fred Thompson on talk radio, talking (what else?) about the GWOT, and he was strong on that issue, well-spoken, without a lot of political words-without-meaning. I liked what I heard, but I'm going to have to hear a lot more from him before I decide.

janice said...

Thompson appears like he would be tough on the terror war front. I too need to hear a bit more from him.
I also think it's to soon for these guys to be campaigning.

Tsofah said...

Janice,

I agree it's early for campaigning, but many states have upped their primaries to February of 2008! That's only 7 months away, believe it or not.

I've heard a great deal from Thompson on issues from Iraq to abortion to gay marriage, to many things. There's a link on my blog to "The Thompson Report" which may help.

(Not advertising...just sharing.)

I like Fred on almost everything. I'm a bit concerned about his perspective on tax cuts and on entitlement programs; but will weigh it and see!