Saturday, June 30, 2007

Thompson and Moore

Michael Moore writes to Senator Fred Thompson:

Given that it has been publicly reported in The Weekly Standard, a leading neo-conservative publication, that you support Fidel Castro and the Cuban regime by being a purveyor of fine Cuban exports despite the trade embargo, I was surprised to see your recent op ed in a more traditional conservative outlet, The National Review, regarding my trip to Cuba.

While I will leave it up to the conservatives to debate your hypocrisy and the Treasury Department to determine whether the “box upon box of cigars” violates the trade embargo, I hereby challenge you to a health care debate.

What Moore is referring to is when Thompson wrote:

It always leaves me shaking my head when I read about some big-time actor or director going to Cuba and gushing all over Castro.

Thompson's response is below...

No comments: