Friday, January 16, 2009

Why I Love "24"

If I ever find a complete clip of the "24" senate interview I will post it. It reminded me of when Oliver North showed up at the Contra hearing in his Marine uniform and dismantled his accusers.

In the television series "24", Jack Bauer uses whatever means are necessary to get the information from murderers and terrorists that he needs to save lives.

It is irresposible for any politician to openly discuss the outlawing or the sanctioning of torture. We live in a very dangerous world, and if a suitcase Nuke is being carried into Disneyworld... Any means to prevent the carnage must be on the table. A politician is unfit to lead if he doesn't understand the difference between what is spoken from a podium, and what must be done in a crisis.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What scares me is that Obama cares more about pleasing David Danzig and Human Rights First than he cares about protecting Americans.

The next four years may cripple any security that we now enjoy. God help us if we face a real security challenge from terrorists.

Malott said...

Doug,

It scares me, too. Obama and the Left seem much more concerned with the civil rights of terrorists than they are with our security... As if these murderers were legitimate soldiers or something.

The Left's thinking is hard for me to grasp. In the Middle East I see a struggle between civilization and unmitigated hatred. And yet, the Left sides with Hamas and others who wish to murder Israelis. The destruction of America is openly encouraged and the Left looks the other way. It's as if they have a death wish for our culture... As if they despise who we are and the freedom for which so many of us are willing to fight. They are the same people that would have had us disarm under the threat of Soviet missiles.

So many brave americans have "given all" to protect our freedom, but our country is now in the hands of those who would follow Europe's lead... Who would appease and back down before the age-old threat of Islamic expansionism.

So I join you... God help us.

Malott said...

And Doug,

Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate your comments.

You sound like a patriot!

Anonymous said...

I like to think I am patriot. I just hate to think that my two boys might have to fight some day to clean up a mess that these idiots in washinton might leave us with. They should not have to pay for Obama's stupidity.

Tsofah said...

"A politician is unfit to lead if he doesn't understand the difference between what is spoken from a podium, and what must be done in a crisis."


AMEN!