Friday, January 02, 2009

Our Feckless and Impotent National Public Radio

NPR and your tax dollars are giving equal time to the terrorists of Hamas:

All Things Considered, December 29, 2008. The rockets being fired from Gaza into Israel is the work of Israeli collaborators, says Ahmed Yusuf, political adviser to Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh. He says Hamas was willing to agree to a new cease-fire with Israel, but Israel hadn't lived up to its end of the bargain.

I listened to the four minute interview and heard Yusef claim that Israel was firing rockets at itself. The testicularly-challenged little man from NPR let it pass as if it was newsworthy.

Yes, so after 4000 rockets have been fired at Israel from Gaza in the past seven years, and after Hamas has taken credit and celebrated any time they hit something, and after threats from Hamas to fire more rockets... It turns out Israel was firing the rockets at itself all along.

And the twit from NPR lets it pass.

....

5 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

"Twit" isn't nearly strong enough a word.

Grammy said...

He can't help it. He's never smiled. No one ever smiles on NPR. I know it's radio and we can't see them, but, trust me...they never smile. You can hear smiles. They're oh, so serious and intelligent. Everytime I hear NPR I feel like I need to clear my throat, smooth my hair, adjust my skirts, purse my lips and sit up straight. I've never heard them interview anyone other than people who serve leftest causes, and challenging their guests might lead to a pulse. I'm pretty sure they're all automotons on NPR. Come to think of it...has Al Gore ever smiled? I tell you, this is why I love the world of country music. It's as far away from NPR as you can get.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

The first draft called him "the little bitch from NPR..."

But the B word upsets Tsofah.


Grammy,

"They never smile..." And I'm confident such urbane and sophisticated individuals never defecate either. But if they do, I'm sure there are certain atmospheric assumptions that are irrefutable.

Grammy said...

You may be on to something. They might smile if they did...

Tsofah said...

Malott:

Hey, now, don't blame me for your lack of a Thesaurus!:-D

And yes, using the B word would not have been appropriate. Don't insult my dog! She's quite nice.
:-P