Thursday, January 08, 2009

Colon Cleansing and America's Decline

Dual-Action Cleanse is the ultimate colon cleanse formula available on the market today. The idea behind a colon cleanse process is to eliminate the toxins which have built up in your digestive system. The detoxification processes of a colon cleanser treatment are so important to maintaining a healthy balance in your body that many doctors consider it to be a key to personal wellness.

Surely colon cleansing heralds the final stages of a civilization.

The television advertisement states that over two million Americans have used this stuff!

Who are these people? The Maximizer Kit costs $129.80... And just what are we maximizing? Could I maximize so much that I would be unable to pass that item which I had maximized?

Princess Diana is just one of many who swear by colonic irrigation as a cure for virtually all their ills. And many others are just beginning to discover the benefits of the bowel-cleansing technique that flushes toxins from the entire system.

But this is understandable because she lived with Charles... An ordeal which no doubt would germinate many eccentricities and peculiaritites.

A doctor friend once told me that when old ladies come in for checkups, they often want to talk about and describe their bowel movements... As if this marvel of creation had become their daily preoccupation.

But knowing how words often fail, you just know that somewhere in America an octogenarian has taken photographs of her offerings, or even hired a courtroom artist to illustrate such.



But I uncharacteristically digress.
....
I confess that I am somtimes self-centered and at times even self-absorbed. I am often vulnerable to frailties and preoccupations of many kinds. I can sometimes be influenced by pitch-men, and become fixated upon their wares.
....
But for now, my poop-chute will remain untended... It's on its own...
....
For now.
....

10 comments:

Christina said...

I recommend the all-natural pregnancy cleanse....gets you coming and going, no meds to take or nasty stuff to drink....though there is that minor issue of giving birth later on...

Surely by now, I have been thoroughly detoxified. I'll leave the colon cleanse to some other unsuspecting dupe.

SkyePuppy said...

Somehow I was expecting you to use this as an analogy of our political system...

janice said...

Surely there must be a deeper, more meaningful reason for such a post. Like Skye, I believe our governement could gain great benefits from a duel-action colon cleansing.

Grammy said...

With over 2 million users, maybe a hefty tax on Dual Action Colon Cleanse would fix our economy! Obama would go for that. Another luxury tax!

Tsofah said...

After having had a colonoscopy a few years ago, I can tell you I was as cleaned out as clean can be. The prep was torture.

And to think people actually PAY MONEY to do this JUST BECAUSE? I think perhaps they need to check the health of the top part of their body (aka the head).

Never again do I EVER plan to have a colonoscopy. Uh uh. And I'm not going to torture myself while making some other person rich.

Didn't PT Barnum say something about one being born every minute?????? :-D

Christina said...

My serious question is this:

I know you have to clean your colon out before a colonoscopy. If there really was up to 20 lbs of sticky stuff in there, wouldn't the traditional cleanse for a colonoscopy be enough? And if this really were so good for us, why wouldn't our doctors be advocating this?

This just seems like it would also clean out any good bacteria that might be in your colon.

It has to be a bad idea...it just has to be!

Malott said...

Christina,

"...why wouldn't our doctors be advocating this?"

It may in reality be worthless, but even if it was a good thing, and there is no money in it for them... Our doctors would not recommend it!

Medicine is a business.

SkyePuppy said...

Grammy,

I love your plan!

Unfortunately, once you tax the thing, people will stop buying it, and then the colon cleanse people will be lining up for a bailout...

Tsofah said...

Christina:

If there was 20 lbs of stuff before the prep, I guarantee you there wasn't by the time I went in the next morning! (I HATE being so gross about this...sorry).

When we eat lots of veggies (potatoes, corn and green peas are not in that category) and some fruits and grains (nope, the doc said wine and beer do not count as fruit and grains - SIGH) then our bodies should be a clean as needed.

Anonymous said...

There are a variety of products available in the market but I agree that dual action cleanse is the best and a proven effective way of cleaning colon from the digestive system. 2 million user is a whopping statistic.