Saturday, September 13, 2008

Why My Life Is Better Than Yours...

My garden did not produce good crops of spinach, collards, kale, or peas, because it was just too cool this spring. But my tomatoes, corn, and onions did quite well.



My onions dried nicely this year.
Though I'm not done - I have put up (from left to right) - frozen, peeled and diced tomatoes for chili soup and vegetabe soup... Tomato juice... And canned tomatoes.



I also grew garlic. Obviously I love garlic... As I am shown below lovingly rubbing them against my face. I had a picture of me kissing my garlic, but it made me look silly.



In late October I'll harvest my carrots... They are shown below in their raised beds. They'll go into bread sacks and into my refrigerator's humid drawers (and keep through next spring)... And I'll be done.

5 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

You won't have to worry about vampires invading your home..

Bekah said...

Mmmmm garlic. I put an extra dose in my chicken noodle soup because it just sounded SO GOOD.

I'm very impressed with your hard work! :)

janice said...

Very fruitful harvest indeed! Bravo Chris!

Tsofah said...

After seeing the canned tomatoes...

I hate you.

;-)

Malott said...

Tsofah,

Wait till you see my carrots!