Friday, September 19, 2008

Democrat House Ways and Means Chairman Calls Palen "Disabled"

Already under fire for his tax troubles, Manhattan Congressman Charles Rangel really put his foot in his mouth on Friday.

The question was simple. Why are the Democrats so afraid of Palin and her popularity.

"You got to be kind to the disabled," Rangel said.

CBS 2 HD: "You got to be kind to the disabled?

Rangel: "Yes."

CBS 2 HD: "She's disabled?"

Rangel: "There's no question about it politically. It's a nightmare to think that a person's foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live.

Maybe Rangel was referring to the Saturday Night Live skit in which Tina Fey, impersonating Palin said, "And I can see Russia from my house." But calling Palen "disabled" seems a little insensitive considering she recently gave birth to a special needs baby, her son Trig.

You just don't hear this kind of things from Conservatives.

All aspects of life boil down to good vs evil. Always have. Always will.

Charles Rangel represents the Left very well. Keep talking, Charley.

....

5 comments:

paw said...

I wish it were SNL! You must have missed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk

And missed the fact that it was a strategy, the "seeing Russia" thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zP8uFPWxaA

Chuch Hagel said: "I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'" he said."That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."

Glad to help.

Oh yeah. You're evil. I have a nuanced thought behind that statement but I know you're not into that so I'll just let it stand. I won't say it again. I'll go back to being insulted now.

Bryan Alexander said...

All of this debate on whether or not Palin has the foreign policy experience to be President is ridiculous. She's not running for President at this time, in case you haven't noticed; she's running for vice-president, and the guy at the top of the Republican ticket has more foreign policy experience than most past Presidents, including Democratic icons such as John Kennedy and Bill Clinton. Barack Obama, on the other hand, has no more foreign policy experience than Palin, and he's at the top of the Democrat ticket. That's what we should be concerned about.

Malott said...

Paw,

As an Obama supporter, and one who I doubt hates anybody... And I base that on things you've written in the past... I wonder if you can shed some light on why Palen is hated by so many on the far left?

Is it simply her effect on the polls?

Is it that she is a pro-life woman? Is it that she is an Evangelical Christian... If McCain had chosen Huckabee, who believes much like Palen, I doubt the far left would be so filled with rage...

Her lack of experience on the national stage might be a talking point, but I doubt it would explain the hatred.

I've just never seen anything quite like this, and it seems to be only on the Left.

What's your explanation?

Tsofah said...

-------> on the right here!

I have some admittedly politically incorrect sexist type concerns with Palin. It's not popular, but I really don't feel a woman should overshadow a man in any position of authority. (Blame Paul for that one!) I keep telling myself that she's running for VP, not Pres. But, you know, McCain is almost handing her the reigns too much in this. He needs to do the talking when they are together (give her a couple minutes, but he is primary speaker). It would also benefit the ticket if he were to speak at one place while she is at another.

I may travel north to St. Louis, MO on Tuesday. I put my name in a contest/lottery for tickets to see the VP debate. It would be interesting to see the exchange. The chances of me getting a ticket are slim, but one can hope! ;-)

paw said...

What you see depends on where you stand, doesn't it. I know of no greater hate merchants than Coulter, Limbaugh (and on....) and their imitators. It's chilling, trolling your side of the divide. Speck in my eye, log somewhere else or something, right?