Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ungrateful Cats

Three days have I driven to my relatives home and delivered warm water to her thirsty barn cats, replacing the water that had frozen in their pan. I've made sure their food bowls runneth over.

And the thanks I get? They have treated me as if I was diseased. ...Not so much as a friendly purr.

Well now we are under a snow emergency with high winds and over a foot of snow on the way.
Yea, I shall not travel through the valley of the shadow of an icy death.

The cats are on their own.

4 comments:

janice said...

Ungrateful "bass-tunas"

Stay home in the warmth of your house and let them do for themselves. Or, have Christina and Bekah go check on them.

Bekah said...

Janice, Bekah would absolutely go!

Chris, you should be proud of me - I went right out through my drifted street this morning and very confidently drove to work - only to arrive and find the place shut down for the day. Figures. :) But if you want a cat to be grateful for food, you come right on over and Braeya will purr so loud you'll hear her a block away. She is especially grateful when you give her YOUR food.

Malott said...

Janice,

I really doubt that I could get down that road even if I was so inclined. I wonder if this mess has reached you yet.

Bekah,

You were very brave this morning. And obviously you know how to raise a polite cat.

Christina said...

Chris,

I'd gladly brave the snow...but I guess I need to be a responsible parent to Miss Em first. Plus, I have two hungry kitties here for which I must care.

I've been wondering, have you "met" Wilbur the cat yet? He's the big black, grey and white tabby. He will definitely purr for you, even if you don't feed him. He is perhaps one of the nicest cats I've ever seen. He might even be able to win over a self-confessed kitty-hater like you.

They'll survive for a day or two...there are plenty of mice in the barn. Besides, having traveled those country roads, you do have a point about them being impassable in this kind of weather. Stay home and enjoy playing on your computer...Andrew is jealous.