Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bachelor Tip for February

Yes, I've decided that as a public service I will give one tip to young bachelors each month. (Who better than I?) After all I've been on my own for a long long time and I've learned the ropes, mostly through trial and error. So here is my tip for bachelors, sure to improve their lives and chances for survival into old age:

Avoid Hard Women

Young man, a woman's breast can be a hard place to rest your head. I know hard women can be very attractive and I too have been beguiled by their sassy independence and their competitive spirit. But a woman without softness is just a guy with estrogen.

Hard women never cry. They're not moved by poetry. They're not sentimental and are difficult to please. They have little tenderness and struggle with expressing their feelings. Any sensitivity they have is restricted to their own wants and feelings. And when it comes to gifts, it's definitely not the thought that counts. Their eyes are more likely to roam because they are never satisfied. Often they are divorced and bitter and say things like, "The next time I marry it will be for money."

But Mr. Malott, I'm in love with a hard woman. Surely after we're married she'll change.

You poor pathetic moron... She will change for the worse - You're seeing her best side now.

But Mr. Malott, surely there are hard women who are happily married!

Generally, no. Sometimes a hard woman, on her third marriage, will find a man with enough cash to satisfy her mercenary heart - and since money and possessions are all she has a heart for, she does what she needs to keep him... but only just enough to keep him.

I hope this was helpful!

Next month: Avoiding Women with Long, Perfectly Manicured Nails.

8 comments:

Jacob said...

Yeah, because a man who has never been married and spends his entire life drawing pictures of anuses is the perfect person to dispense advice about marriage.

Pathetic.

SkyePuppy said...

Oh, Jacob, what are we going to do with you?

Exactly who should give this advice? A man with money who's married to a hard woman? Chances are he's deluded himself into thinking it's fine. No, sometimes it takes a man on the outside to see the bigger picture.

Of course, that's easy for me to say, since I'm the one who cried at Finding Nemo...

Malott said...

Jacob!

Good to hear from you. Hope you're well.

You may have a point about the value of my advice, but that's never stopped me before.

Don't be such a stranger.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

You're a softie? I'm shocked!
:)

Actually your softness shines through in what you write, and most definitely in person.

You are a keeper.

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Jacob,

It would really be interesting if you gave some "outside" marriage advice? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

Jacob obviously can't read. The title of the post is "Bachelor Tip for February" not marriage tips from an unmarried guy.

Who's pathetic?

Bekah said...

What a great public service!! :) Although I am a little worried to see what next month's commentary will entail....I might be in big trouble.

For February, however, I think I'm in the boat with Skyepuppy. I've never seen Finding Nemo, but given that I cry at everything from Grey's Anatomy to Extreme Makeover, I would imagine I'd cry when whoever finds Nemo is successful!

SkyePuppy said...

Bekah,

One of my daughter's favorite activities is checking to see if I'm crying yet when I watch movies.

You might want to see Nemo with a niece or nephew (or a friend with kids). I resisted the movie for a while (it looked too cutesy), then I was glad when I finally saw it.