Tuesday, June 06, 2006


We Forget So Easily

"For it is the doom of men that they forget." Merlin, Excalibur 1981

Yesterday I was listening to Bill Bennett's Morning in America and was interested to know that the Muslim youths in Canada who had purchased the bomb-making materials, were not new immigrants from the Middle East. They were second and third generation individuals who should have been much more assimilated and "Western" in their thinking. They all evidently were associated with a certain Mosque.


It has been the argument of the Left that American Muslims need not be feared (or watched) because it was Middle Easterners that had perpetrated 9/11. But obviously radical Islam is an enemy that can influence and infect anyone in the faith.


With the Democrats defending the privacy rights of those who intend us harm, and the idiots like Charlie Sheen who suggest 9/11 was a conspiracy on the part of George Bush, I'm left wondering if we in this country have the will to prevail over those who take this war seriously... Those being the terrorists of radical Islam.


We live in troubling times and we on the Right pray that God will fix the world and its problems. But part of the "fix" that will keep it all from crumbling down, I believe, must be our vigilance in the midst of a disloyal, hedonistic, and forgetful nation.

7 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Excellent post, Chris!

The Left wants us to forget, but we must not.

(You actually watched Excalibur to get that quote??? Merlin must have said that near the beginning. Viewers never survive all the way to the end.)

Malott said...

One of my few talents is that I remember lines from movies. I thought that one was from Excalibur, (though I remembered it as "The problem with man is that he forgets")looked it up om IMDB and there it was.

Your reference to the movie in your email probably juggled it to the top in my mind. And yes, I think it was near the beginning, though I watched it to the end.

SkyePuppy said...

Yes, I watched it to the end too. Once. Seeing Jean-Luc Picard with hair (or a wig) was strange.

Christina said...

You know, when I was 15 or 16, I stood on the top of one of the World Trade Centers. I can vividly remember looking out and wondering how many states I could see from the top. I can recall looking down and thinking how miniscule everything looked from so high above.

Then on Sept. 11, I can also remember seeing the images of men and women jumping from the top floors of the burning buildings. I think perhaps that is one of my most vivid memories of that day, maybe because I have a bit of perspective on how utterly desperate those victims were to jump rather than burn alive. I can somewhat understand how terrorized they had to have been to take such a drastic action.

I hate the thought of seeing those images again, particularly on t.v., but at the same time, America has forgotten the terror of that day. America's memory is pathetically short and I fear that if we do not choose to remember and learn from our past, then there isn't much hope for our future.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding post Chris.

I really wonder if the generation of today could have won WWII?
Today the left want to "understand" the "people" who murdered 3000 of our fellow Americans. They want to "celebrate" diversity and believe in religious and moral relativism. They champion programs that are racist and promote division, such as affirmative action and bilingual voting ballots.
May God help us "fix" this before it's to late. Again, great post.

SkyePuppy said...

I look at the picture of the plane headed for the WTC, and it makes me marvel at the idiocy of the conspiracy theorists.

How can they look at that photo, see the fire billowing out of the first tower, and then claim that the government brought down the towers in a controlled demolition?

The capacity of the Left to believe evil motives and actions of the Right is incomprehensible.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

The only thing missing is the ridicule that crackpot conspiracy theories usually inspire.

But today, ridicule is reserved for conservatives and Christians.