Monday, June 19, 2006


My Best Side

Here I am pressing the wrong button on my camera. I was taking (trying to take) a picture of myself in my hammock using my timer. I'm wearing my old-man-big-ol'-shorts.

You could see my legs more clearly but my rear end (not shown here) is blocking out the sun. Then again, the shadows give my legs the illusion of three dimensions. Why do men's butts get bigger in middle age? Then when they're in their 80's they get their Jr High butts back. It's a mystery. I must needs give pause to consider this.

Yes, I know... But I've been ignoring the news all weekend long. George B had a great week and I knew it could only be downhill from there. Sometimes it's good to let the rest of the world go by.

2 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Then when they're in their 80's they get their Jr High butts back.

Chris, provided you expect to last into your 80's (which is doubtful, considering "Emily's" earlier (later?) post), then this looks like a serious case of wishful thinking.

Granted, my Grandpa only lasted until his late 70's, but his butt and his favorite chair took on the same slightly curved, mostly flat shape that showed no sign of ever changing as he approached 80.

My other Grandpa lasted until just a couple months shy of 90, and he didn't have a Jr. High butt, either.

So I don't know what old guys you've been studying in preparation for your own future old age, but I wouldn't be counting on any improvement in the derriere department. Life doesn't work that way. Old age has a way of making us ecstatic when we think about the new body we'll get in heaven (or so I'm told).

But I suppose the world looks rosier from a hammock. Maybe I ought to give it a try sometime...

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

I suggest that you need to think this through. Old men shrivel. I challenge you to walk up to 10 old men today and simply ask them if their bottoms are bigger or smaller than they were when they were 40. I think you (and possibly they) will be surprised.

There is probably a "Butt Studies Institute" somewhere in California. You might check there.