Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Roseanne Invades TVLand


For some time I've made it a habit to crawl into bed and watch TVLand until I fell asleep. But now I'm searching for other options... Any suggestions?

I just can't watch this common, vulgar, undisciplined, and tasteless woman. Give me June Cleaver, Clair Huxtable, Harriet Nelson... Someone with a little class!

I shop at WalMart and I know that Roseanne better represents the current culture... But what a poor example...

Where is Timmy's mother who loved Lassie and was so caring, proper, and understanding?

With the role models that pervade Satan's box, is it any wonder that our culture is lost?

....

5 comments:

Grammy said...

What to fall asleep watching...I vote for Dirty Jobs and Good Eats, or Tennis Channel if you get it!

Christina said...

We like Dirty Jobs around here too. This guy's sarcastic wit is fantastic.

I've been staying up late/overnight with HGTV or Fox News for the last 3 weeks or so.

Nick at Night sometimes has better options too.

I agree about Roseanne...such a completely tasteless woman.

Tsofah said...

Ah, Malott, you bring back good memories of Timmy, Lassie, and June Lockhart! Or: Penny, Will, and June Lockhart ("Lost in Space")

RoseAnne, Ellen, Wanda Sykes, and others were people I once thought were ok. How naive of me! Now the latter two are in a lot of children's animated movies. When will America be America again?

I tend to look for old movies if I can't fall asleep. One caveat: If John Wayne's on, it just seems un-American to doze off!

Bekah said...

I so feel your pain. I too, watched TV land in bed, and now I can't because i can't stand Roseanne either. I switched to the Nanny at 11 and Conan at 11:30. Before that it's usually TLC or HGTV or the food network.

But I really would love it if they'd go back to andy griffith or the cosbys. those are my favorites. Or the GOOD GOOD old days of dick van dyke. Why is that show never on anymore??

Malott said...

Bekah...

You are a young woman with superb taste.

Dick Van Dyke is in my top five, along with the two Bob Newhart Shows, Andy Griffith, and Mary Tyler Moore.

Hopefully they'll come back to TVLand some day.