Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Call From The Republican National Committee

In the past I have given money to this organization. You do it once... And you will never be lonely. You get nice pictures through the mail. You sometimes get phone calls... As I did yesterday.

It was a short call.

A young man introduced himself saying he was calling from the Republican National Committee. Without even thinking I blurted out, "I'm not interested... Talk to me about immigration, Sonny!" And I hung up.

I'm sure he knew what I was trying to say.

4 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

They haven't called me in a long time. They just send me mail. Lots of mail. And they've given me lots of Last Chances.

I think I told you already what I wrote on their most recent "Last
Chance!"

Immigration is going to kill the GOP's chances, if they keep following the president on it.

Malott said...

As the song goes...

"Even a bad bill is better than no bill at all..."

_NOT!_

Something is so strange here. Most Americans are furious about this amnesty bill. And Congress doesn't fear passing it.

Why?

Jacob said...

Lol, this post just screams cantankerous old man.

You told him to tell you about immigration and then you hung up on him. I'm pretty sure he didn't know what you were trying to say. I certainly don't.

Malott said...

Jacob,

Over here our Congress is pushing through amnesty legislation that is very unpopular with a majority of Americans.

Otherwise popular Republican Senators are being booed when they bring up the subject... at Republican rallies.

I think he probably knew exactly what I was being cantankerous about.

Good to hear from you.